The Healthy Gamer Discord is a place of connection, growth, and support.
What we do
Healthy Gamer creates accessible resources and hosts events and conversations on the Discord. Moderators help to maintain a safe, inclusive environment by enforcing the rules as they pertain to the Healthy Gamer mission.
A moderator for the Healthy Gamer Discord server facilitates the mission of the server: growth, connection, and support for the Healthy Gamer community. In this role, you would help in ensuring that the users of the server are following the rules in voice and text channels.
Length of Contract
3 months, renewable if mod and HG mutually agree.
Scope of Work
- Work under the leadership of the Healthy Gamer Community Manager as follows:
- Join text and voice channels to ensure users are following the rules and community guidelines of the Healthy Gamer Discord server.
- Review, classify and/or eliminate highly sensitive content, uploaded by users.
- Warn, mute, or ban users using the Healthy Gamer Discord Bot if users break the rules. Follow the internal guidelines on rule enforcement on the Healthy Gamer Discord server.
- Log user offenses in the moderator channels.
- Respond to muted users in the appeal channel informing them about the rules broken.
- Respond to mentions from users in the Healthy Gamer discord, and redirect them to the appropriate channels.
- Review moderator meeting notes to keep up with latest developments/decisions
- Attend weekly moderator meetings and raise cases with ambiguity regarding the rules of the Healthy Gamer discord.
- Moderate the Healthy Gamer Twitch stream’s chat for the duration it is live.
- Go through the Healthy Gamer subreddit’s moderation queue and approve/deny posts based on Healthy Gamer moderation guidelines.
- Suggest revisions/additions to process and/or rules as needed.
- Offer feedback/suggestions for Healthy Gamer’s other strategic initiatives.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Age 18 or older.
- Ability to exercise good judgment to execute mutes and bans towards offending users.
- Personable with strong communication skills in a remote online environment.
- Familiar with the Healthy Gamer community.
- Discretion handling confidential information.
- A patient, caring attitude for those on the internet.
- Familiarity with Google Forms, Google Sheets, and collaborative software applications.
- Able to emotionally handle traumatic, sensitive, and potentially offensive content.
- Cultural competency.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, support other mods, and create a culture of growth
Nice to have
- Previous experience moderating large communities.
- Familiarity with mental health resources.
- Familiarity with suicide risk assessment standards.
This is an Independent Contractor role paid on an hourly rate provided and no benefits will be available. We’re looking for individuals who reside in various time zones worldwide. To apply, submit your resume, 3 references and cover letter and be sure to include “Moderator” in the subject line.
Job Type: Contract
- Are you an active or former member of the discord community? If yes, please share your username.