Assist the Senior Paralegals and Attorneys with the management of corporate immigration cases and client interactions.
- Prepare immigration cases as assigned by manager for submittal to the appropriate government agency; begin to achieve a mastery of case types from simple to complex filings within particular practice area(s).
- Responsible for working with attorneys in the preparation, filing, and monitoring of various immigration cases.
- Understand the procedures and documentation required for cases to be filed successfully and following G&A’s service standards.
- Work with clients to gather the necessary information and documentation in a timely manner.
- Prepare forms according to information received from clients.
- Prepare letters and other documents on behalf of the employer/client.
- Finalize documents after review by Sr. Paralegal and/or Attorney
- Handle a high caseload and work within strict timelines.
- Monitor the status of all filed applications and petitions.
- Evaluate cases and assist in providing case strategies and/or solutions to issues.
- Keep abreast of current regulations and procedures relating to filing applications.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Make photocopies.
- Send faxes and scan documents.
- Run reports to assist in managing one’s own caseload.
- Retrieve and/or return files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum 1-year business immigration experience required. Ability to excel within an extremely high-volume environment and make sound judgment calls. Ability to work well with minimal supervision. Ability to prioritize cases, manage caseload and other tasks (i.e. projects, company management responsibilities, etc.). Ability to meet deadlines and goals. Demonstrated level of independence in handling cases. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties, the employee will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer;
- The employee will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.;
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds;
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.