At the Holiday Inn Palm Beach Airport, our beach-inspired rooms, creative cuisine and stylish event venues inspire you to be productive and experience the best of Florida's beautiful Orchid City. Just minutes from corporate destinations, fun attractions and the Palm Beach International Airport. 7,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, all-day dining at The Spot Eats & Drinks, outdoor pool and fitness center. This hotel is managed by Chesapeake Hospitality, a growing and award winning hotel and restaurant Management Company.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the front desk operation while maintaining high quality of guest service in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Education & Experience:
- Provide day to day leadership to the front office team and ensure that all departmental goals are met.
- Effectively schedule, monitor, and evaluate controllable expenditures to stay within the restraints of the established budget through: wage control, purchasing control systems and proper inventory levels.
- Operate the Front Office and related departments within budgetary guidelines and in response to actual business conditions and participate in the preparation of rooms forecast.
- Develop and implement policies and controls on issues relating to front office and related operations to include cash/check/credit card handling, credit procedures, guest services, handling of guest complaints, up selling and "walk procedures".
- Establish goals for the Front Office and related departments, analyze financial reports, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the front office and related departments anticipate trends, enact approved service, profit oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
- Work closely with the Sales department regarding VIP and special requests, group pick-ups and cut-off dates, and blocking rooms; with Engineering on out of order rooms and blocking rooms for maintenance; and with Housekeeping on all rooms related issues affecting the front office.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving all items relating to telephones, internal physical items such as plants, business center, etc. according to policy.
- Provide high level of customer service and maintains a high profile in the day to day rooms operations.
- Ensure that all employees meet the uniform standards at all times which includes clean uniforms, neat presentation, proper daily hygiene and use of name tags.
- Ensures that guests receive excellent service by training, motivating and properly managing the team members.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
- Participate in Manager On Duty (MOD) coverage.
• High School diploma / GED or equivalent education/experience required. • 3+ years of front desk experience required. • Computer experience with basic proficiency in Microsoft office and hotel property management systems required. Physical Requirements • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, smell, taste, climb in and out of vehicle and perform repetitive motions that require manual dexterity during and throughout their shift. • This position requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. • The employee is required to have visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate machinery, tools and vehicles, view computer terminals, determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work quality, and make general observations of facilities. • This position is primarily indoors and may subject the employee to high or cold temperatures from machinery and moderate noise level and require frequent use of computers, 10 key touch, copiers, facsimiles, keyboards, telephones and other devices like radios and headsets.
The position offers health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement.