Under the direct supervision of the Criminal Court Supervisor, the candidate will serve as a Criminal Court Assistant. Duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide coverage/back-up for court parts.
- Draft Desk Appearance Ticket (DAT) cases and non-DAT cases.
- Scan paperwork (complaint, photographs, and affidavits) into eArraignment, an automated system that facilitates criminal arraignments.
- Breakdown of criminal cases for arraignment.
- Prepare property releases.
- Answer telephones; screen visitors.
- File and locate cases whenever necessary.
- Close out cases in database.
- Other general clerical duties as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior criminal justice experience or coursework preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and professional interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluency in foreign languages, particularly Spanish.
Click on “Apply Now” at the bottom of the posting
Please be advised only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The candidate selected for this position must be a resident of the City of New York or become a resident within 90 days of appointment.
Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
THE RICHMOND COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A COPY OF THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAMS IS AVAILABLE IN THE HUMAN CAPITAL DIVISION. THE DEPARTMENT MAKES AVAILABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR DISABLED APPLICANTS
26 Central Avenue, S.I.,
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.