MODELL'S SPORTING GOODS is the nation's largest family-owned sporting goods chain, operating stores throughout the Northeastern United States, from New England to Northern Virginia. Modell's offers value and quality customer service together with a wide variety of sporting goods, athletic and active apparel and footwear for the entire family. Founded in 1889, we continue to grow each year through the belief that our associates and customers are our number one asset. We are committed to proving this by Listening, Respecting and Responding to the needs of our associates as well as the needs of our customers.
As a Key Manager you are responsible to assist the store leadership team to ensure exceptional customer service while focusing on driving sales through developing store associates. The Key Manager is accountable to ensure the completion of appointed tasks and duties in his/her assigned store. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Participate in driving sales through his/her store team
- Assist in ensuring the completion of all store functions including freight processing, day-to-day store activities and safety procedures
- Hold store team accountable to operational and service standards
- Help train, develop and coach associates on behaviors and operating procedures
- Discipline associates as necessary with salaried management approval
- Display ambition and enthusiasm towards initiatives, gets things done
- Take the lead on projects and work tasks, contribute to the overall team success.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implements changes.
- Adhere to company policies to protect company assets.
- 1+ years retail management or equivalent experience
- Outstanding customer service, communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong selling, leadership and associate development skills
- Solid planning and organization skills and an ability to execute at a high level
- Experience in merchandising (softlines and hardgoods)
- A passion to work in the sporting goods business
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
If you are looking for a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding opportunity, please compete an application and submit your resume for consideration.
Modell’s Sporting Goods is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.