Just a job or want to make a difference?
Join KCAA’s team of talented, dedicated individuals who, for over a 100 years, have been fulfilling KCAA’s mission to build a solid foundation for Hawaii’s children through excellent early childhood education programs.
Excellent benefits including:
Employee child tuition discount
Generous vacation and sick leave
15 paid holiday
Winter and Spring Break
Retirement savings plan with employee and employer contributions
Employee medical, dental, and vision
Flexible spending cafeteria plan
School staff lunches provided free of charge
Limited on-site parking
Office Assistant - Muriel Part time 8:00A - 2:00P
The School Office Assistant reports to the Center Director and is responsible for supporting all administrative functions at the school.
Responsible, under the supervision of the Center Director, to serve as the school's first line representative to both internal and external customers through either the phone or in person; may assist with school tours; assists with the distribution of fundraiser tickets and other functions in support of the school’s fundraiser; performs data entry functions including input of child/family data in the centralized student management database, maintaining spreadsheets and Work documents as needed; provides clerical support including filling out forms and filing of paperwork for the Center; accepts deliveries for the school; sorts and distributes incoming mail; inventories school supplies and materials; places orders for school supplies/material requests after obtaining approval of price quotes and specifications from catalogs and suppliers; monitors supply and generates photocopies of registration materials as needed; maintains copier and fax machines; and assists with other functions in support of the school.
This is a Part-Time position (30 hours a week). The shift is from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- School Reception
- Greets all visitors with direct eye contact and a smile; advises respective administrative personnel of the visitor's arrival and business.
- Answers all calls by the third ring and manages multi-line phone.
- Screens and/or directs incoming calls to the appropriate party or voice mail (or relays written messages to respective administrative personnel).
- Assists the Center Director with school tours.
- Manages wait list and registration materials.
- Assists the Center Director with the distribution of fundraiser tickets and other functions in support of the school’s fundraiser.
- Compiles the school’s supply and material orders, inventories supply closets, researches cost comparisons, and places orders or shops for supplies with the approved companies.
- Reproduces school forms as needed.
- Maintains the First Aid supplies/equipment inventory by timely notifying the CD in writing of the need to re-order and refills the CD's office and classroom kits, as needed.
Center Director Support
- Assists the Center Director in keeping student health and social service (developmental assessments, family history, etc.) records current.
- Enters data from enrollment forms into the centralized student management database. Assists the Center Director with other computer support such as entering/updating Word documents or Excel spreadsheets.
- Provides clerical support including, but not limited to, filling out forms, sending faxes, filing of paperwork, etc. for the Center.
Mail and Deliveries
- Accepts deliveries addressed to the Center; passes the receipt slip to the Center Director.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, e.g. post office and internal mail "Ponies".
- Distributes, collects and checks the USDA Annual Enrollment Survey forms in October.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Monday – Friday 8am to 2pm
How to apply:
Visit us at:
1. Find the job posting for which you are interested in, and click on the blue "Apply" button to see full job description. Then follow the 3 steps listed at the top of the application. Do this step BEFORE clicking on the "Apply for this Job" button on next page.
2. THEN click on the "Apply for this Job" button to complete online steps which will ask you to include your saved PDF application and resume.
***No relocation, In-state applicants only. Must be available to interview immediately. ***
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCAA Preschools of Hawaii
Consistently recognized as one of Hawaii's Best Childcare Providers by the Star-Advertiser, KCAA Preschools of Hawaii is looking for energetic, dedicated individuals who enjoy working with young children to join our team.
Our schools are led by qualified Center Directors; each with a part-time Office Assistant. Our schools are generally open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., year-round. Our teaching teams use the Creative Curriculum® in the classroom and we offer in-service training every year. Our low student/teacher ratios provide opportunity for individualized instruction in an ideal learning environment.
We also support continuing education for our employees. We offer competitive pay and great benefits.
To learn more about an individual school, please visit our website at www.kcaapreschools.org
BEFORE you click the blue button above, please follow these steps.
1. CLICK HERE to download the application form
2. Save form to your desktop. At the top left of your screen, choose FILE -> SAVE PAGE AS -> then name and save the document to your computer.
3. Complete the form and be sure to save your changes using the yellow button at the right of the document! SAVE AGAIN!
When your application form is complete and ready for submission, then use the blue "Apply for this Job" button to complete online portion. You will be asked to then attach your saved form.