The position of Quality Improvement Nurse Analyst integrates the role of patient advocate in the provision of care with the technical functions of data collection, intensive patient care review, and process improvement. This position requires a high level of clinical judgment, creativity, organization, and priority setting. The Quality Improvement Nurse Analyst works closely with the Director of Quality and Safety and the Chief Quality Officer to lead performance improvement activities to ensure optimal patient outcomes and early identification of patient safety system issues. In the absence of the department manager, the Quality Improvement Nurse Analyst supports and ensures ongoing operations. The Quality Improvement Nurse Analyst provides support for system-wide performance improvement through collaboration and coordination of various projects across the healthcare system. The Quality Improvement Nurse Analyst combines expert clinical knowledge of health care delivery systems with current quality improvement tools and techniques to achieve excellence in clinical outcomes at UCDH.REQUIRED
- At least 2 years recent experience in acute care and/or ICU/inpatient medical-surgical nursing.
- Valid California RN license .
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- External candidates: BSN required.
- Internal candidates: BSN preferred.
- Clinical chart review and abstraction experience.
- Database data entry and/or management experience.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission on Accreditation for Healthcare Organization standards, California Administrative Code Title 22 Regulations, Hospital Quality Alliance Measures, Pay 4 Performance, etc. and other regulatory agency criteria for performance improvement and clinical resource analysis.
- MSN or NP degree.
- Quality improvement or patient safety knowledge and experience.
- Maintenance of Annual MAT requirements including CPR and TB surveillance.
- Must be able to work in a non-smoking environment. Occasional overtime will be necessary.
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT