What is an Answering Service Representative?
Our technology enables us to be a virtual extension of our customers' teams and make a direct impact on their businesses every day. If you're a strong typer who loves tech, and customer service, read on!
As an extension of our customer's office, the Operator role is one of the most important at Southern Answering Service. Every interaction is an opportunity to carry out our mission of treating callers the way you want to be treated – they do not call it the Golden Rule for nothing!
- Adhere to Southern's call-handling expectations, limiting personal bias while answering calls professionally in your own tone.
- Maintain accuracy, mindfulness, and strong attention to detail in written communication. Cross "T's" and dot "I's," use proper spelling, grammar, and logical message composition. Communicate professionally and with personality.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, technology-rich environment. Toggle between screens and applications simultaneously.
- Precisely and consistently follow call-handling instructions on every call. Provide detailed, accurate notes and messages from callers, and take ownership of mistakes when they happen.
Your Key Attributes
- You display certain ease and grace under pressure. Your positivity and can-do attitude are amplified when you are handling multiple tasks at once. You are adaptable and coachable.
- You take pride in representing our customers and providing a fantastic virtual first impression for a wide variety of businesses.
- Your ability to understand and anticipate your customer's needs. You are service-oriented.
- Your laser focus and high attention to detail allow you to accurately depict the spirit of a message while distilling the content to ensure it is concise, relevant, and meaningful to coworkers and to the customer. You are incredibly well-written.
- You are a team player, both reliable and present in your role. Your leaders and co-workers can count on you to do what you say you'll do.
- You are positive and professional with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Normally work takes place in an open office, call center environment with a diverse employee population. It requires the ability to sit/stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time, using finger/hand dexterity to manipulate a keyboard/mouse in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. It requires the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone, and by computer.
Southern is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. We support and encourage diversity!
We are currently seeking full-time and part-time positions for weekend availability. Splits and other shift times may be available after training and with experience and tenure.'
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $17.70 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Weekend availability
- Call center
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albany, GA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person