This position will start out being a part-time or full-time internship/co-op with the opportunity for post graduation full time hire. The site location for this position is in York, Pennsylvania.
The role of this Business Analyst is to perform statistical analyses on a large amount of system data to determine trends over time. As trends are determined, the analyst will work with engineering and continue to determine the root cause of these trends. Ultimately this will lead to documenting the findings and presenting them to the program’s engineering leadership team. The candidate should have an interest in developing professional skills in trend analysis, root cause analysis, forecasting, and the presentation of findings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimates the total cost of a system or subsystem, from initial design through operation, maintenance and sustainment.
- Develops ROI business cases to provide the customer with an understanding of cost over time.
- Performs sensitivity analyses to analyzes questionable data to determine if it has a significant effect on the results.
- Develops technical products such as Business Case Analyses to be used for business enhancement and winning
- Assists in creating plans for managing projects which will define the life cycle cost products and analyses needed to be developed for a project or program. Ensures projects and tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirement.
- Reviews design concepts for impacts to the life cycle cost.
- Develops and writes technical documentation such as white pagers and business case analyses.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations, and solutions to internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with partnering departments to resolve complex affordability problems and to analyze solutions.
Required Skills and Education
Must be enrolled in and actively pursuing the completion of a 4-yr degree
Working to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
Excellent computer skills (i.e. Statistical Analysis software such as Power BI or Tableau, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include the ability to prepare professional business presentations and formal reports
Preferred Skills and Education
Have completed at least three years or 90 credits of related course work with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.