The Overhead Crane Operator is responsible for the operation and inspection of remote operated overhead cranes to SAFLEY transport steel products, equipment, or other materials throughout the facility and to load and unload trucks. This position is an operations team member with the primary goal of satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity and delivery, in a safe manner while maximizing productivity. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
*** We are hiring for both our Taylor Michigan location ***
- Warehouse Experience is not required but is preferable.
- Hilo experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
- The ability to bend/lift 25 – 50 pounds.
- Basic math skills required a general knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices and a working knowledge of general computer programs strongly preferred.
- Additional equipment that may be utilized: Banding equipment, nail guns, grinders, radial arm, and forklift.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
- CRANE OPERATOR: 1 year (Preferred)
- HILO: 1 year (Preferred)
- HILO or CRANE OPERATOR (Preferred)
- DRIVERS (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply