Creative Learning Center is a non-public school servicing students K-12 with Autism and other similar neurological disorders. A qualified candidate for this position will work collaboratively with directors of BCBA, OT, and SLP departments. Performance of the typical responsibilities ensures the implementation of the NPS mission, values, and best practices, ability to use independent judgment while using a team approach and adhering to all school policies and procedures, provide leadership when involving service development, build relationships with staff, families, students, districts and community to better service the students at the NPS, assure responsibility for such areas as curriculum development instructional program leadership, behavioral programs, community relations, student activities and in-service training as assigned. Applicant must love working with children, have great organizational skills, be familiar with the implementation of Positive Behavior Management, write behavior plans, track behavior and data, be punctual and professional. Applicant must have experience with report writing, individualized curriculum development and implementation, attending IEP's, and writing lesson plans.
Minimum Responsibilities and Duties, but not limited to:
- Plan and implement Positive Behavior Management, staff development for fellow teachers, aides, and parents; strategize and develop programs with all departments collaborating with school districts
- Attends IEP meetings, supervise fellow teachers
- Collaborates with BCBA, SLP, OT department and other clinical staff to assure effective treatment of NPS clients.
- Assists with the development and implementation of NPS policies, procedures, and ensures legal compliance consistent with the education code of the state and federal laws.
- Follows all guidelines regarding school curriculum, attendance, billing, maintenance of student files. Promotes maximum student attendance.
- Operates the NPS within budget. Assists in contracting with districts each year
- Completes job performance evaluations assigned and assist others with completing job performance evaluations.
- Assists teachers to plan effectively for instruction through the evaluation of their own teaching skills. Is familiar with evidence-based teaching methods and assist teachers to improve their teaching based on these methods.
- Ensures that parents and caregivers are provided with periodic reports concerning their children’s progress. Replies to inquiries from parents and caregivers and is available for conferences as needed.
- In accordance with education, code applies NPS Suspension Policy when necessary and provides clear, consistent standards for student conduct and takes effective action on developing and implementing student positive behavior management plans
- Follows state, county, and district guidelines regarding IEPs. Maintains professional standards regarding client rights.
- Demonstrates an understanding of confidentiality polices, mandated child abuse reporting and duty to warn procedures.
- Counsels students as needed. Teaches elective course as needed. Substitutes for teaching staff when needed.
- Provides professional, active, and assertive leadership and collaboration in program design implementation and evaluation and in the development of a participative, multidisciplinary team methodology.
- Utilizes supervision, consultation and training as necessary to continue to provide high quality services to children and their families as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Maintains and executes all appropriate documentation. Monitors and maintains effective, timely written reports by staff.
- Promotes cultural awareness and competence within programs and the agency.
- Special Education Credential (required)
- Must have experience working with moderate – severe Autistic students(K-12)
Education, Training, and Experience:
- CA Administrative Credential
- CA Special Education Teaching Credential
- 5 years of special education teaching experience with students with Autism and other similar neurological disorders
- DOJ/FBI/CACI clearance
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complies with all legal compliances for all state, county, and district educational requirements
- Staff Management, team building, program development
- Problem Solving- Conflict Resolution
- Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance as required by Title XXII licensing regulations
Pay is competitive, and position is full-time with medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time