Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Managed Care is currently seeking behavioral health correctional Registered nurses (RN) for the Montford Regional Medical Center and Psychiatric Hospital in Lubbock, TX. Shifts are 12 hours from 6am-6pm. The unit is moving towards self-scheduling within a set of parameters.
TTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) to provide all medical healthcare, behavioral healthcare, dental, vision and pharmacy services to the Northern and Western regions of the State of Texas.
Employees in this classification perform responsible professional nursing care at a unit of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients in accordance with accepted nursing and medical standards administrative nursing personnel. Supervises other subordinate clinic personnel. Work is performed under correctional clinic conditions; position requires a high degree of contact with patients, other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Assists with or performs exams, assessments and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Administers or assist with administration or documentation of medications.
- Coordinates emergency transfers with security, QA/QI activities and audits. Maintains documentation for standards of care and compliance with policies.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovation ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible