CITY OF WATERBURY
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Open Competitive Exam # 2226
OPEN COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR:
SALARY: $1,147.63 per week
LAST DAY FOR FILING APPLICATIONS
Applications must submitted online no later than:
NOVEMBER 15, 2019
Applicants must apply online visiting www.Policeapp.com/waterburyct or the City of Waterbury website www.waterburyct.org.
All correspondence and information regarding this Police Officer announcement, applications and testing process will occur through email and postings on PoliceApp.com/waterburyct. Please be sure to check your email and the PoliceApp.com website on a regular basis to ensure receipt of crucial information. In addition, you must have a valid C.H.I.P card to apply.
Please visit the C.H.I.P website at https://www.certifyfit.com/ for more information.
APPLICATION FEE: A $25 resident and $75 Non-resident application fee is required and payable online. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM on November 15, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after this closing date.
1. Veterans – Veteran’s points will be awarded in accordance with the Connecticut State Statute. Five (5) for non-disabled veterans, ten (10) for disabled veterans. Proper documentation must be submitted to the Personnel Director before the date of the examination.
2. Residents – Five (5) Residency points shall be added in accordance with the amendment to the Civil Service Ordinances dated March 18, 2011. Proper documentation and proof of residence must be submitted no later than the closing date for applications.
FRINGE BENEFITS: Choose from available health insurance plans (employee contributions vary) Prescription Drug Rider, Dental Plan, Group Life Insurance for Individual; Retirement Plan; paid Holidays; paid Vacation; paid Sick Days; paid Personal Days.
APPLICATIONS may be completed at www.policeApp.com/waterburyct or by using our Computer Kiosks, available at the following locations indicated below. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Human Resources Department
236 Grand Street, Room 202
Waterbury Police Department
255 East Main Street
Police Athletic League (PAL)
64 Division Street
Silas Bronson Library
Grand Street, Main Entrance
Brass Mill Mall
Police Explorer Office, lower Level
Brass City Mall (near Macy’s) City Hall
235 Grand Street
In order to qualify for this exam, you must meet the following criteria as of the final closing date.
1. Written Exam
2. Background & Polygraph**
3. Psychological **
4. Medical **
5. Oral Interview
6. Physical Agility*
** After a conditional offer of employment is made.
*Physical Agility to be taken within 30 days of entering Academy.
Physical agility Standards are available with this Police Officer announcement and at www.ct.gov.
Individuals appointed shall be required to serve a working probationary period which, in effect, is the final phase of the examination.
THE CITY OF WATERBURY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
1. Applicants must complete an “Application for Examination.” Job postings and applications are available at www.waterburyct.org or at the Human Resources office. Applications may be obtained and/or accepted in person. Incomplete or illegible applications will be rejected. No copies will be made by the Human Resources Department.
2. The Human Resources Department does not formally acknowledge receipt of applications. If an applicant does not meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, a disqualification notice will be sent. Applicants meeting the stated minimum qualifications for the position will be notified of the date, time and location of the Civil Service examination, if applicable. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be received by the closing date and time.
3. Requirements for claiming veterans’ credits are as follows. They are applied only to passing final scores on an Open Competitive Eligible list as the following values: non-disabled veterans – 5 points; disabled veterans – 10 points. Application of veteran’s credits shall conform to Connecticut General Statutes. Form DD214 must be submitted as proof of service; no other proof of service is acceptable. It must be submitted with the application.
4. FOR ALL EXAMINATIONS five (5) points (ten (10) points for Firefighter & Maintainer I), shall be added to your final passing score if you complete the portion of the application regarding RESIDENCY and you are a domiciled resident of the City of Waterbury at the time of examination and continuously until certification into the position. The residency portion of your application must be completed by the closing date of the applications. Failure to do so may result in not receiving points.
5. Applicants must be physically and medically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation for which application is made. A pre-employment/post job offer medical examination will be required for certain positions. This will, for given positions, include a drug screen for usage of illegal narcotics. If a candidate refuses to submit to this examination, it shall be deemed as an incomplete medical examination, and as a voluntary withdrawal from consideration for employment with the City of Waterbury.
6. It is the responsibility of the applicant to advise the Human Resources Department of any change of address or status affecting eligibility for employment. Such notification must be in writing.
7. The provisions of the Civil Service Rules and Regulations of the City of Waterbury shall apply to the administration and rating of the examination, establishment of the eligible list, certification and appointment of eligibles, examination review and other procedures relating to the employment process.
8. The eligible list established as a result of this announcement will normally last for two (2) years from the date such list is established by the Director of Human Resources except for entry-level Police Officer & Fire Fighter lists which will normally last for three (3) years. Any applicant refusing to accept an interview or offer of employment will be removed from the eligible list.
9. The City of Waterbury is subject to the requirements of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The City is obligated to provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. If you wish to request an accommodation, please attach to the application a statement outlining the nature of the disability and requesting an accommodation or contact the Director of Human Resources to discuss the matter.
10. No certification to a position is deemed final until a probationary period is successfully completed.
11. Appeals for failure to meet minimum qualifications may be filed in the Department of Human Resources. They must be received within seven (7) days of the date on the letter notifying you of non-qualification of application.
(Include the date of the letter.)
12. The Human Resources Department does not accept phone inquiries regarding the status of job postings,
or tests, or applicant standing on lists.
EEOP Utilization Report is available upon request.
Page 2 of 2
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,147.63 /week