NY State certification and college degree is preferred Our growing school looks to employ a high-energy, motivated individual who is passionate about teaching and seeing children grow into curious learners. We are looking for a certified lead teacher who is excited about all of the possibilities of expanding our early childhood work. We believe that children need a nurturing environment to grow physically, emotionally and intellectually through progressive education. We work alongside parents to raise children with a strong sense of self, family and community. We know that the most important aspect of early childhood education is to create an environment in which children can solve problems, ask questions, make discoveries, and think independently. We work to develop thinkers. We are creating a place where children love to learn through a progressive approach. If you are passionate about Early Childhood Education and want to make a difference in the lives of our children, consider working here and setting our children up for great success.
- Maintain records and lead other teachers in classroom management and curriculum development
- Plan and carry out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development, such as language, motor, and social skills through active learning.
- Partner with parents to create the best academic, social and emotional developmental experiences possible for each child.
- Develop routines, monthly, class events, special presentations, meetings, monthly calendar and staff hours to ensure the classroom runs well.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of parents and administration.
- Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child’s development, progress, and needs.
- Maintain all requirements for the Department of Health in your classroom and with your professional requirements and record keeping.
- Participate in appropriate professional development and community building activities
- Prepare children for entry into the most competitive public and private schools in NYC.
- NYS Early Childhood Teacher Certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- CPR/ First Aid Certification a plus
- Meet all DOH requirements and DOE requirements for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- Classroom Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- NYS Early Childhood Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person