We are looking for individuals who can plan and lead recreation games, assist students with homework, and facilitate enrichment activities. Building positive relationships with our campers is critical to the success of our programs and we prefer candidates who are committed to the growth and development of school age children. Hours are Monday-Friday from 2:00 pm-6:00 pm when school is in session. As needed, when school is not in session, hours are available from 8:00 am-6:00 pm. This is a part-time, year-round position.
Skills and Abilities:
Under general supervision assist in providing academic support to both large and small groups of elementary, middle and/or high school students. Facilitate assigned enrichment and recreation activities to students and perform miscellaneous related duties. Applicants should have the:
* Desire to work with children
* Ability to lead groups of children in homework assistance, enrichment, and recreation activities
* Ability to facilitate age appropriate and safe group activities
* Maintain professional boundaries with students and staff
* Ability to communicate effectively, take directions, and follow through with assignments
* Desire to work collaboratively on a team
Education and Experience:
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; any combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the ability to assist in the planning and facilitation of activities in an after school program. Ability to work after school hours. CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
Job Type: Part-time