Pike Corporation, Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engineering/technical support to the group and administrative leadership support to the manager or director.
- Incumbents will have direct reports that include engineers and designers.
- Billable client Role will include both work (project work) and leadership responsibilities.
- The incumbent is expected to lead projects, perform responsible charge engineering duties, manage project schedules as well as participate in employee development, recruiting and business development activities.
Coach and mentor other Engineering professionals
Review work of subordinate Engineering professionals
Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
Approve timecards and expense reports for direct reports and assist in annual reviews.
Assist in recruiting effort
- Assist in Business Development and Strategic Planning for the group
Perform Project Management Activities on Assigned Client Projects along with Responsible Charge Engineering Duties
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
Moderately routine: general policies applied. Some decision making.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP:
Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
Approve timecards and expense reports, assist in annual reviews, assist in interviewing process and recruiting effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required.
2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required A Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year college or University in Engineering (BS in Electrical or Civil Engineering). Preferred : Engineering Degree awarded from a College of University that is accredited by ABET
6+ Year(s) Experience as practicing engineer or equivalent.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
State registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required for Transmission and Substation Engineering Supervisor. State registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred for Distribution Engineering Supervisor.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer
Pike Engineering is a Non-Union Company