The International Institute for Ammonia Refrigeration (IIAR) is searching for a Communications Specialist who will oversee the communications for IIAR in order to generate awareness about the safe and efficient use of natural refrigerants.
The Specialist will be a strong communicator who has experience in writing and communications and who can leverage multiple platforms to showcase, share, and engage IIAR members and outside audiences.
Reports to Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Write and edit communication materials in support of the association’s mission across web, social media, and print platforms.
- Create and design webpages, manage content posted to blogs, post news stories, update and maintain all pages.
- Assist with developing content for the IIAR Connect Newsletter and the IIAR Condenser Magazine.
- Assist with production of IIAR Connect Newsletter and IIAR Condenser Magazine.
- Assist with production of IIAR Publications – digital and print.
- Provide editorial and production support including proof reading, writing, copy editing for IIAR blogs, email communications and website platforms.
- Assist with tracking news coverage and developing asset lists in the industry
- Maintain the associations content on all web platforms
- Provide support at the IIAR Annual Conference & Expo
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related area
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience preferably in a communication
- Strong proofreading/editing skills
- Proficiency with basic office software products including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point
- Familiarity with digital communication platforms, web content management systems, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator.
- Competency in Informz or other html email platforms
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, content strategy, and content marketing.
- Experience working for a membership organization a plus
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to organize work across departments to achieve shared objectives.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and to exercise sound judgment.
- Able to meet deadlines and operate with limited supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Alexandria, VA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off