NPC Quality Burgers
Position Title: Assistant Manager
Pay Scale: See QB Comp Guide
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Restaurant General Manager
Job Code: 117
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Assists the Restaurant General Manager in managing the operations and staff of a Wendy's restaurant, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Participates in the achievement of store objectives. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
An individual must be able to perform each of the essential functions satisfactorily. NPC Quality Burgers will, upon request, provide reasonable accommodation in accordance with the ADA to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant with a disability, unless to do so would cause the company an undue hardship. The Assistant Manager must be able to perform each the following essential functions:
Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
Must be able to take direction and work well with others
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
Must be able to stand much of the work day
Must be able to concentrate and perform duties accurately
Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
Must be able to perform the Accountabilities and Key Measurement Criteria
Must be able to fulfill the Knowledge and Ability Section
Must be able to perform as stated in the Work Environment; Physical Demands Section
While direct supervision is not assigned to this position, job responsibilities may include providing functional guidance to Crew Members and Shift Leaders, including assignment delegation, instruction, and follow-through. May carry out opening/closing procedures and supervise all service period shifts. In the absence of a Restaurant General Manager (open unit, vacation coverage, LOA) an Assistant Manager may assume the responsibilities of the Restaurant General Manager but must consult with their Area General Manager or Human Resources Manager in regards to hiring, disciplining or terminating employees as they do not have the authority to take these actions on their own.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Key Measurement Criteria: In order to achieve consistency throughout our system as we measure and evaluate performance, the measurement criteria following each accountability should be considered
and evaluated. The actual results as well as the methods used to obtain the results should be
assessed and commented on within the performance evaluation. The Key Measurement Criteria should not be viewed as the only factors to evaluate, as there are normally additional items that
relate to a specific individual or market.
1. Assists the Restaurant General Manager in meeting or exceeding all company established People Metrics by utilizing all available tools and systems; providing training, instruction and follow up to
Shift Leaders and Sr. Crew Members in regards to People processes; and creating/executing restaurant plans to improve People metrics. Utilizes Interviewing and Selection tools when assisting with the hiring of team members. Executes 4 Corner Training consistently utilizing WeLearn courses and Observation Checklists. Treats all team members fairly with respect and dignity.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Annualized crew turnover of 100%-119%
Restaurant WeLearn Certifications at average of 13-15
Restaurant staffing at 85%-95%
2. Assists the Restaurant General Manager in achieving all company established Service Metrics by utilizing all established tools and procedures; providing training, instruction and follow up for Shift Leaders and Sr. Crew Members in regards to all Service processes/procedures; and creating/executing restaurant plans to improve Service metrics. Utilizes Voice of the Customer Data to establish areas of opportunities and responds appropriately by executing the Customer Experience Playbook. Establishes daily shift goals and appropriately completes the Daily Operations Plan and Huddles to appropriately position employees and execute a focused, A level shift. Resolves customer problems with care and concern utilizing BLAST. Seeks customer feedback by regularly performing Table Visits and Pick Up Window Visits. Utilizes Total Restaurant Cleaning system and conducts regular restaurant Walk Throughs to maintain a clean, inviting restaurant that is always Rush Ready.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Voice of the Customer Overall Satisfaction scores of 60% or higher
Restaurant Speed of Service metrics maintained at 156-180 seconds
Customer Experience Evaluation score of 90% or better
3. Assists the Restaurant General Manager in achieving all company established Sales Metrics utilizing all available systems tools and procedures providing training, instruction and follow up to Shift Leaders and Sr. Crew Members in regards to Sales Growth processes/procedures; and creating/executing restaurant plans to improve Sales metrics. Drives ticket growth by keeping team focused on suggestive selling and add ons. Drives traffic growth by providing positive guest experiences to drive repeat visits and positive word of mouth advertising. Gets involved in the local community in a way that drives Sales in the restaurant (Community Nights, donations, sponsorships, appearances at community events.) Knows local trade area and provides information to help the company remain competitive. Executes all LTO and new product initiatives, appropriately including team member training, suggestive selling, quality control and POP placement/maintenance.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Positive Comp Sales Percentage 0-5 pts above company average
Ticket Growth Percentage 0-1.5 pts above company average
Traffic Growth Percentage 0-5 pts above company average
4. Assists the Restaurant General Manager in achieving all company established financial metrics utilizing all available systems, tools and procedure; providing training, instruction and follow up to Shift Leaders and Sr. Crew Members in regards to Profit Growth processes/procedures; and creating/executing restaurant plans to improve Financial metrics. Adheres to published schedules/creates schedules and makes forecasting/labor adjustments as necessary to maintain labor guide variance at an acceptable level. Completes accurate daily/weekly inventory counts, maintains acceptable inventory levels, ensures FIFO is utilized and ensures
customer orders are correctly keyed into the POS system to minimize food waste and eliminate theft in the restaurant. Maintains a safe working environment to avoid customer or team member injuries. Trains and monitors Shift Leaders and Crew Members to properly utilize and care for all restaurant equipment and supplies to minimize maintenance and replacement costs.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Food Variance of 1.5%-1.79%
Period Labor Variance of +/-30-59.99 hours
Controllable Profit Growth of 2%-4.9%
5. Consistently demonstrates NPC Quality Burgers Leadership Traits and assists the Restaurant General Manager in developing these traits in Shift Leaders and Senior Crew Members.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA
Always does the right thing: Leads with the utmost integrity and has zero tolerance for unethical behavior. Focuses on what is best for our product, people, and place.
Is a steward of people: Takes a people first mentality, treating others with dignity and respect. Elevates performance through coaching and people development.
Builds and inspires a strong team: Selects the right talent and never compromises standards. Inspires through positive energy, recognition and leading by example.
Exudes positive enthusiasm: Believes in the positive intentions of others. Maintains professional maturity with a balance of realism, optimism and fun.
Proactively solves problems without excuses: Acts with urgency to solve problems and remove obstacles.
Acts courageously and challenges the status quo: Asks questions, is not afraid to challenge themselves and others to improve every day.
Is open minded and an active learner: Continuously learns by staying up-to-date on current events and industry trends. Is curious, invites feedback and wants to try new things.
Has humility and self-confidence: Is self-aware and uplifting. Knows their personal strengths and leads with confidence.
Has Pride in self and work: Is a self-starter and delivers quality work, has high-standards for themselves and their team.
Is committed to winning: Is competitive and wants to be the best, committed to the overall cause of the business.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
Certified in State and Company food safety requirements. (ServSafe)
Ability to learn and apply Wendy’s standard operating procedures including supervisory and administrative duties of the Restaurant General Manager.
Ability to learn and apply NPC Quality Burgers Human Resources policies and procedures
Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
Ability to satisfactorily complete recommended company training programs, including, but not
limited to, Crew positional training program, Wendy’s University and Serve Safe Food Safety Certification.
At least 18 years of age.
One or more years of supervisory experience (External Candidates).
Minimum six months of experience as a QB Shift Leader (Internal Candidates).
Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to get to and from work, transport deposits to the bank daily with no other occupants in the vehicle and transport product when necessary.
Must be available to work up to 48 hours per week with availability to open, close and work weekends.
Personnel file free of corrective action for minimum of 90 days. (Internal Candidates)
Successful completion of a criminal background check and MVR required. (External Candidates)
Must have the desire and ability to assume a Restaurant General Manager position within 12-18 months, and be available to work within their designated region.
WORK ENVIRONMENT; PHYSICAL DEMANDS
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, an Assistant Manager must perform the duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position (including ability to work many different shifts). The position frequently requires working at a fast pace and may involve exposure to noise, heat, cold or other elements. It is also necessary to use a headset to take orders, take direction or give direction. Assistant Managers may be required to transfer from one location to another as business needs dictate. The Assistant Manager position requires bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting (up to 25 pounds, as necessary), standing for long periods without a break, and ability to travel to other restaurants, meeting venues, etc.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE _________________________ DATE ________________
SUPERVISOR SIGNATURE _________________________ DATE ________________
Job Type: Full-time