Nuvance Health is currently seeking a Certified Surgical Tech to join our team!
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
- Full-Time, Day Shift - 5 days/week
- Responsibility and accountability for the function of scrub technicians assisting with the nursing care activities in the surgical services environment.
- Individual apply learned principles in coordinating activities directed at assisting the surgical team in implementation of care.
- Population served is consistent with the policies and philosophies of the Nursing Department and Administration, which includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and Geriatric patients.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Licensed Surgical Technician Certification through an accredited educational program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- 1+ year of Operating Room surgical technician experience/surgical technician exp. preferred.
- Basic understanding if Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology.
- Basic computer skills, i.e. MS Outlook.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology: 1 year (Required)
- Basic computer skills (MS Outlook): 1 year (Required)
- Operating Room surgical technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rhinebeck, NY 12572 (Required)
- Surgical Technician (Required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (Required)
- Rhinebeck, NY 12572: Between 21 and 30 miles (Required)