[UNION] Utility Engineer
Job Description Summary
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds, conducting routine assessments, performance of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance, painting, and housekeeping for assigned properties.
The Employer may hire Utility Engineers to perform the following duties under the direction of the Chief, Assistant Chief or Stationary Engineer. The ratio of Utility Engineers in each building shall be mutually agreed to by the Employer and Union.
(1) Repairs on toilet facilities including soap dispensers.
(2) Repairs on registers and radiators.
(3) Replacement of lamps and cleaning of light fixtures.
(4) Removing ceiling tile.
(5) Minor repairs on furniture and floors.
(6) Maintaining and/or replacing door hardware.
(7) Repair of floor maintenance equipment and venetian blinds.
(8) Maintenance painting in equipment rooms, cooling towers and other building
(9) Replacement of air filters in the H.V.A.C. equipment.
(10) General cleaning in mechanical spaces and perimeter induction units.
(11) Cleanup of equipment in engine room and shop.
(12) Miscellaneous handyman work requiring the limited use of hand tools.
(13) Replace fire extinguishers when needed.
(14) Cleaning of air vents and roof drains.
(15) Hanging and removing white boards
(16) Install, and repair modular workstations and office setups
(17) Furniture reconfiguration
(18) Sit stand desk installation
(19) Ergo furniture configuration
(20) Event setup, tear down, and support
(21) E waste organization and removal
(22) Signage Installation
Utility Engineers may perform the following limited duties without direct supervision of the Chief, Assistant Chief or Stationary Engineer:
1. Cleaning air vents, registers and radiators.
2. Replacing light bulbs and cleaning light fixtures.
3. Maintenance of toilet facilities, excluding energized systems and plumbing
4. Replacing ceiling tiles not affecting fire sprinkler systems and other energized
5. Minor repairs of furniture and floors.
6. Maintenance painting in back of house service areas, excluding equipment
Non Association Agreement (2017-2023) 7
7. Replacing air filters.
8. Cleaning of engineering shop areas.
9. Replacing fire extinguishers.
10. Hanging framed objects not requiring the use of power tools other than cordless
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.
The compensation for the position is: $34.06 - $34.06
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.