L2 Cyber Solutions (L2) is pursuing a Federal contract opportunity for the National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) Common Cloud Framework (NCCF) Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for Cloud Development and Innovation Initiatives, in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). L2 is currently seeking qualified candidates in anticipation of a potential favorable contract award in September/October 2022.
NESDIS requires management, agile, and cloud SME’s under this contract to support the enhancement of existing NCCF capabilities, migration of legacy capabilities (data holdings, mission software applications, etc.), implementation of cloud equivalent capabilities (from legacy), and provide for infrastructure management utilizing DevOps and Agile methodologies. These efforts will evolve the current hybrid tech stack into a set of common cloud-based services for consolidated ingest, computer environments, enterprise storage, and R&D/sandbox services for science and development activities.
L2 is honored by this opportunity to potentially support NOAA, and we hope you join us on this exciting journey!
L2 is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Solution Train Engineer (STE) to guide the NCCF agile release train (ART) processes and execution. This position will directly support the Office of Satellite Ground Services (OSGS), located in Silver Spring, MD. OSGS plans and executes common services for NOAA’s satellite, data, and information capabilities. These are critical to acquiring, processing and managing the environmental data from NOAA’s satellite missions, for facilitating access to non-NOAA domestic and international satellites and commercially-acquired data, and for stewarding and providing long-term archive services for all approved NOAA and external partner data.
In addition to the baseline Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) listed STE responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Driving agile release efforts to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in large, cross-functional environments
- Help resolve and escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement
- Accountable for the overall planning, coordination, execution, and delivery of value through the ART
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching for the RTE team, while performing the duties of an RTE
- Provide SAFe® mentorship and guidance to various stakeholder groups
- Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release planning for the ART
- Working with the ART team to prioritize the capabilities/features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle
- Facilitate PI Planning, Inspect & Adapt (I&A), and other SAFe® events
- Facilitating the ART refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery
- Provide metrics and guidance on resource bottlenecks
- Facilitate collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination for and during quarterly planning
- Managing change to the ART’s PI plan and the impacts of those changes
- Drive cross team, ART, and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures
- Ensure SAFe® alignment and best practice utilization
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have or be able to pass a U.S. Government background investigation (this is a non-cleared position)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work for any U.S. employer
- At least 4 years of experience performing similar work, or gradually increasing responsibilities
- Proficient in time reporting, scheduling, and project management principles
- Possess organizational proficiency to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent business presentation skills
- SAFe® certification
- Other project management certification(s), such as PMP, DASM, CSM, etc
- AWS certification
- Strong technical aptitude across a variety of domains (cloud, development, algorithm orchestration, cybersecurity, etc.)
- Conducting value stream mapping and ART design activities are highly preferred
- Experience with large solution, portfolio, or full SAFe® implementations is highly preferred
- Experience with Google Workspace products is highly preferred
- Previous Federal contracting experience is highly preferred
- Jira and Confluence experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel (less than 10%, if any)
About L2 Cyber Solutions (L2)
L2 is a Woman-Veteran owned small business (WVSOB) that provides Cybersecurity, Program/Project Management, Information Assurance, Risk Management, Technology Engineering, and Management Consulting services. L2 specializes in strategic long-term partnerships, primarily in the government sector. Our team emphasizes a client-oriented culture, while fostering a workplace of inclusion, teamwork, and excellence - with a family-like atmosphere. Located in the Denver Tech Center, we have been named a Top 100 Woman-Owned Company, Top 250 Private Company, and a Top Women in Business organization in Colorado. L2 offers competitive pay with bonus opportunities, company-paid employee health benefits, 401(k) with employer contribution, professional training and tuition reimbursement, and paid time off that supports work/life balance.
At L2 Cyber Solutions, we make our employment decisions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.