Assistant Controller – Clinical Stage Pharmaceuticals
Early Stage Pharmaceutical Company located in Downtown Boston is seeking a backed Start-up is seeking an Assistant Controller to join the team and oversee the Accounting function. This is a great next step for somebody with about 5-8 years of Public Accounting / Corporate Accounting experience looking for a next step.
Accounting Managers with Public Accounting experience looking for a next step are welcome to apply. Candidates coming directly out of Public Accounting must be at the Manager level.
Great opportunity to join a small, growing team at ground level! Compensation includes bonus, equity (with great potential value at this point in the company’s life cycle) as well as other perks.
- Manage the general ledger and financial reporting process, including month-end and year-end closings
- Oversee a small accounting team, reviewing financial statements to ensure accuracy
- Financial and regulatory reporting, ensuring compliance through processes and internal controls
- Coordinate and oversee the annual audit, liaising with external CPA firm
- Journal entry preparation and approval
- Management of company’s capitalization table
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, including vendor relationship management
- Prepare and analyze entries related to stock comp expense
Location / Compensation:
- A Bachelors/Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- A CPA/MBA is preferred.
- 8 years of related experience, including 1-2 years managerial experience is required.
- High attention to detail with good organization skills.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in Health and Life Sciences is preferred, but not required.
$110k - $140k