Supports the College’s OneStop by providing cross-functional services in the areas of registration, financial aid and student accounts. Provides comprehensive support to students throughout each of the various business processes experienced throughout the student lifecycle. The OneStop Student Services Counselor will provide high quality, timely, customer focused service to all students.
- Create a welcoming, customer-service focused environment for all customers through e-mail,written correspondence, in person or by telephone.
- Counsel, investigate, problem-solve and resolve questions and issues from current and former students, faculty, staff, parents and third parties.
- Evaluate and process appeals, waivers and petitions.
- Provide specialized back office support in one or more functions.
- Continuously seek ways to further enhance OneStop processes.
- Keep up to date on all laws, regulations and policies pertaining to OneStop services.
- Attend student orientations and other presentations to explain the OneStop services offered.
- Live out the College’s mission and values and inclusive excellence in all interactions with others
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree; AND one (1) year of customer service or academic operations support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- General familiarity with database systems including data entry and inquiry.
- Strong administrative, organizational and prioritization ability.
- Principles and practices of College registration, financial aid and accounting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Working with Microsoft Office and e-mail tools.
- Listening and oral and written communication skills.
- Writing clear, succinct letters and e-mails.
- Exhibiting sensitivity to cultural differences and effectively communicating with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Communicating congenially in stressful situations.
- Problem-solving and making decisions independently.
- Working effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Working with colleagues as a team member to work towards department goals, objectives and activities.
- Must work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends as required.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment including computers and telephones. Need to be able to work for long periods of time at a computer to enter data, produce reports and receive information. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in person and through technology.
- Experience with BANNER or a similar student information platform.
- Experience in financial aid, registrar or student account business processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with The College of St. Scholastica institutional policies.
Special Instructions to Applicants