Banner Health invests in our nurses by training them to confidently and safely deliver excellent patient care. Banner Health is committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Great options and great opportunities.
You can be instrumental in this training by becoming a Registered Nurse Clinical Education Specialist supporting Banner Health's acute care services at Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa, AZ. As a Registered Nurse Clinical Education Specialist you will be educating staff on clinical competencies required for excellent patient outcomes. If you are interested in this Registered Nurse Clinical Education Specialist position, please apply. If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-810-6347.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for enhancing clinical practice through planning, developing and conducting education for clinicians, providers and other key clinical services staff within assigned facility/entity, including evaluating the effectiveness of programs and providing guidance to staff and key leaders based on results. This position facilitates assessment and identification of ongoing learning needs for staff development programs. Designs and delivers programs that support the organizations mission, vision, values and strategic goals, implemented using the organizations framework for professional clinical practice and development.
- Supports and develops staff within the facility/entity, including preceptors, new graduates and experienced clinicians, while acting as role model for proficient clinical practice and applications, patient safety and evidence-based practice. Supports an environment and infrastructure that promotes professional growth by serving as an education resource for clinical policy and procedures, standards of care and external agency requirements. Provides clinical leadership, establishing visibility and credibility.
- Serves as a change agent and leader in the interpretation, implementation and evaluation of educational programs as related to the goals and initiatives of the organization. Participates in facility/entity, regional, and system development to ensure the standardization and consistent application of on-boarding and educational programs, which may include the preceptor program, clinical academies and clinical application implementations. Utilizes performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies on a facility/entity level. Develops and implements strategic workforce learning and development services to support the achievement of workforce goals, quality initiatives and clinical practice.
- Assures seamless orientation of new hires and/or transferring clinical staff by overseeing the orientation process from classroom to clinical area. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates and facilitates on-boarding and ongoing clinical-related competencies. Assisting with ensuring clinical staff have access to requisite clinical and educational programs.
- Assesses, plans, develops and delivers clinical curriculum, educational materials and developmental programs and services on a department, facility/entity, regional or system level (shared services) related to staff needs and quality and safety drivers. Incorporate evidence-based practice into all training and educational programs. Delivers learning opportunities that includes related materials for clinical and technical education while utilizing adult learning principles to deliver standardized content and materials. Facilitates learning utilizing multiple modalities appropriate to the content and the learner by adopting innovation and embracing technology to deliver on learning needs and accomplish learning goals.
- Evaluates learning effectiveness through perceptual feedback tools, knowledge-based testing and skills assessment. Evaluates and modifies educational opportunities, as needed. Coordinates and communicates feedback from trainees to ensure training needs are met, including establishing an effective classroom environment. Tracks and follows up on the results of evaluations and provides feedback to leadership and suggests opportunities to enhance training/learning or knowledge based programs. Tracks and/or maintains education enrollment, attendance and completion.
- Participates in unit, facility/entity or system committees and teams in an educational capacity. Participates on committees and teams that research activities regarding new clinical and technical educational programs to increase quality and standards of care for the assigned facility/entity, region and/or system. Collaborates to support facility/ entity or system teams to implement the educational components of new practice initiatives and evidence based practice.
- May provide feedback on annual budget for delivery of clinical educational programs.
Knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Masters degree in Nursing or related field required.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. BLS certification required.
Three to five years work experience in specialty area or related field, or similar experience as an education coordinator/instructor in healthcare environment required. Also requires working knowledge of ancillary and support department responsibilities. Excellent presentation, facilitation and computer technology skills, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to take initiative, solve problems and improve processes required.
Professional certification in specialty area preferred. Two or more years in a position with primary responsibility for design and delivery of learning programs for adult learners is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.