Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve a client's data science capability. You’ll work closely with your client to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help leadership make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in building this capability.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in the data science field including providing analysis and advice
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience with building and optimizing Big Data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience with visualizing data and producing high quality graphs and charts
- Experience with the preparation and development of senior leadership level background papers, reports, and speeches
- Ability to use office tools, including Microsoft Office
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with multiple programming languages, including Python, C++, R, MATLAB, or SAS
- Experience with Big Data architecture platforms and extracting information from disparate data sources, then merging them together for analysis
- Knowledge of various machine learning algorithms, statistics, and mathematics principles
- Knowledge of advanced machine learning capabilities, including gradient boosting, random forests, or convolutional neural networks
- Ability to learn new programming languages
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- MA or PhD degree in an applicable field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.