CARS, comprised of Cars.com, Dealer Rater and Dealer Inspire, is an industry disrupter producing innovative digital marketplace solutions for our consumers, dealer customers and major manufacturers. Our mission is to provide leading technology that creates "car chemistry," matching the right person, with the right car. At CARS we also believe in "career chemistry." We match our employees' passions with our business challenges so together, we can pioneer new frontiers. At our core, we thrive in change, believe challenging work leads to career growth, and most importantly, value our people.
Established in 1998, Cars.com is one of Chicago's original tech companies. Our online platform makes it easier for consumers to find their perfect car with our expansive shopping tools, millions of new and used vehicle listings, and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry. A true constant through the years has been the incredible environment we've created. Our employees have cultivated a culture that encourages collaboration, accepting new challenges and moving quickly.
Vice President, Brand & Content
Your mission is to define and activate the Cars.com brand strategy so it resonates deeply with consumers and stands out from the pack. You understand the power of brand to grow a business and have a track record of wins with beloved consumer brands. You have are a doer and a maker and a leader who is passionate about surrounding the brand with content that connects with customers and shoppers.
The Vice President, Brand & Content is responsible for driving brand strategy, research & insights, creative strategy and briefs, creative/content development and production, stakeholder management, agency and creative partner management, budget management and the integrated go-to-market process across multiple projects and campaigns. The Vice President is also responsible for ensuring that brand standards are met for all projects to drive consistency and authenticity of all Cars.com branded assets within and across B2C and B2B marketing.
This role is responsible for the management and administration of developing, coordinating and implementing integrated marketing strategies. This role will manage and develop marketing activities such as strategy, advertising, and content while managing internal partners and partner agencies. The Vice President will partner with the VP, Growth Marketing in determining the appropriate marketing channels. Accountable for budget and policy recommendations and medium to longer-term planning. Develop and manages more junior level Marketing staff. Responsible for the marketing programs to support product introductions, ongoing efforts and business development. A passion for tech brands/products with experience at a marketplace or digital brand is strongly preferred.
- Own the Cars.com brand, including our "big idea" and the promises we make, to our values, voice and personality.
- Set a direction that focuses on the Cars.com consumer and customer — the best brands start with in depth insights about their needs, interests, and passions. You are well versed with the best research methodologies to get at this.
- Oversee the work to bring to life the brand strategy with cohesive messaging, visual identity and voice. Lead the execution across all consumer touchpoints, including paid and owned channels. Evangelize the vision so all Cars.com employees feel ownership in the brand.
- Responsible for delivering growth in brand awareness and knowing what levers to pull and how to measure results, including trends in brand beliefs and attitudes, and effectiveness of brand campaigns. You are equally fluent with quantitative and qualitative performance indicators.
- Own brand-building channels like TV and other offline media and lead development of creative campaigns and content from scratch that moved the needle in awareness and direct traffic.
- Oversee creative agency relationships with an eye to long term partnerships that deliver aggressive growth.
- Oversee brand, production and research/insights teams and partner closely with others on the marketing, communications and product teams to ensure the brand experience is consistent and cohesive. You are passionate about developing great marketers and bringing out the best efforts of creative people.