Scientific Technical Writer
Responsible for research, develop, write, and edit technical and informational materials for various company needs and publications in one or more of the following areas: product labels, product manuals (IFU), package inserts, application sheets, customer bulletins and white papers, marketing collateral, or other electronic documentation for products and/or other miscellaneous publications, both for internal and external customer usage. Gather information through interviews and research to produce content. Seek feedback on pre-release documentation as needed to ensure high quality, usability, and accuracy in released documentation.
- Create customer facing documentation for new products in accordance with product requirements, product development processes and scientific procedures.
- Gather appropriate content for customer facing documentation through interviews and interaction with project team members.
- Produce draft documents or proofs, as needed.
- Specify illustrations and graphics as needed to better emphasize information or understand a concept.
- Update existing documentation when needed for corrections, changes in company information, regulatory requirements, obsolescence, etc.
- Create internal and external training materials as assigned.
- Review software messages for clarity, consistency, and grammar.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a the sciences, technical writing or related field
- Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in technical writing, a related field or the equivalent in related course work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to breakdown a large task/concept into smaller tasks/ideas.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a project team environment.
- Aptitude for or knowledge of scientific concepts, subjects, or instrumentation.
- Understanding of cell biology, immunology, chemistry, statistical methods and other aspects of operations within the life sciences industry is desired.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Technical Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible