Field Service & Audio Visual Technician
As a Lead Audio Visual Technician, you will perform hands-on installation, trouble shooting and service of a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment into corporate boardrooms and meeting rooms. You will work with Cisco, Crestron, AMX, Extron, Lightware, Planar, Barco & Cyviz equipment either on your own or working as part of an installation and service team. Once a system is installed, you will commission the system and solve any technical issues, liaising with clients to ensure their satisfaction. You will also be called upon to provide break/fix support to clients as required. This role offers the opportunity to receive on-going training and development to keep you up to date with the latest technologies in the Audio Visual and Video Conferencing market.
- Extensive domestic travel to client locations. Some international travel as required.
- Make sure product is available and coordinate with the helpdesk, logistics team and client representative for replacement parts for service requests.
- Conducting AV audits, appointment scheduling, coordinating facility scheduling with appointment schedule, and writing reports, with suggested action items.
- Responsible for quality assurance for cabling installation requirements (soldering, cable pulls, terminations etc.), rack builds, and installations of integrated systems during
- Negotiating punch lists with clients and ensuring tech team executes the solution efficiently.
- Track issues brought to resolution (what the issue was, how was it handled, how was it solved)
- Onsite programming changes of control systems and digital signal audio processors (DSP). Systems will range from Cisco, Crestron, Extron, Biamp, Clearone with assistance from programming teams.
- Performing in shop system firmware upgrades, commissioning, source code uploads testing, factory acceptance testing (FAT) before equipment is leaving the shop. Creating testing documentation for FAT.
- Participate in documenting and maintaining operations, network development, and maintenance processes and procedures.
- Existing program maintenance, system upgrades, and programming refresh to existing systems.
- Maintain program version control and adhere to configuration management.
- Creation and maintenance of archived programs on server or share point.
- Assist AV team with development and mentoring of lower level engineers and service techs
- Other duties that are assigned that may fall outside the scope of the job description
- Work with client’s schedule and set expectations.
- Coordinate with Kinly team for tech resources for project deployments.
- Assisting clients over telephone, video and/or client site troubleshooting audio visual and video conference equipment.
- Installing, managing and deploying VC and integrated AV systems.
- Provide training and client support to users in the operations of videoconferencing & audio visual systems.
- Review BOM/SOW/CAD drawings prior to project launch.
- Work with AV Engineer & Programmer to confirm project requirements are completed efficiently.
- Project coordination will be a requirement to include interfacing with Architects, General Contractor, Electrical Contractor and clients throughout the entire phase of the
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in AMX and/or Crestron
- Experience in Cyviz and video walls is a plus
- Thorough and proven knowledge of installation techniques and National Electric Code (NEC) requirements are essential.
- In depth Cisco and Polycom VTC video conferencing experience
- Good communication skills.
- ICIA CTS certification is preferred
- ICIA CTS-I certification is a plus
- Cisco CCNA certification is a plus
Kinly is an EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled
This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons