Lead Grille Attendant - Server/Bartender Position
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports to: Dining Service Manager
Provides superior service through preparation and delivery of food and beverage to members and guests in the Turn Grille as well as players ordering items to go for consumption on the course.
- Superb member/guest service at a private golf club.
- Assist with training all new turn grille attendants in counter service, beverage cart operations, and table service.
- Ensure that all product is ordered by each due date.
- Attend weekly BEO meeting on Wednesdays at 2:00 pm
- Suggest scheduling for staffing of turn grille.
- Assist with ongoing training with turn grille attendants.
- Ensure turn grille is stocked with all product
- Ensure Beverage Cart is on course during appropriate times.
- Lead on all tournaments throughout year
- Assist with monthly L,B,W, Food inventory.
- Communicate with Turn staff on upcoming events, BEO’s, and anything important to their job.
- High levels of service for members and guests in the Turn Grille through order taking, food preparation and meal delivery and table clearing
- Servicing of all golfers ordering items at the counter.
- Prepares and serves food and beverage items.
- Maintains organized and clean work area.
- Receives deliveries of product from vendors and ensures proper storage.
- Completes PAR level replenishment forms in a timely and accurate manner
- Organization of all storage areas
- Proper rotation of product to ensure maximum freshness and minimal waste
- Reports to department manager when supplies need to be ordered.
- Stocks and inventories products.
- Maintains current knowledge of state liquor laws & SOP provided by the management.
- Communicates guest concerns or comments immediately to the Director, Food and Beverage and Chef.
- Reviews schedule for changes, calendar of events and facility activities on a daily basis.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Answer phone calls for to-go orders and requests from members/guests on course.
- Point of Sale- process credit cards, charge member accounts, cash handling, starting and maintaining tabs.
- Keep in communication with beverage cart if someone has a special request (orders food, special drink, lost club)
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequently stands and walks; uses hands; reaches with arms and hands; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches; talks or hears. Occasionally sits; climbs or balances. Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Noise level is moderate.
Valid Driver’s License, Sanitation Training and Alcohol Awareness Training.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Service Heart
- Able to multi task and work efficiently/self sufficient.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and use best judgment.
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Meets state age requirements for handling alcoholic beverages.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour
- bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Cash handling
- Cleaning and sanitizing workspace
- Taking inventory and stocking shelves
- Customer service
- Security or monitoring guest behavior
- Liquor control systems
- Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) laws
- Point-of-sale (POS) software and equipment
- Knowledge of a variety of drink recipes
- Phone communication
- In-person communication
- Basic computer skills