A Project Manager at Brightworks Sustainability has experiencemanaging and consulting in the sustainable design, construction, and operationof green buildings, with expertise with multiple versions of LEEDand green building rating systems including preference for specialties in LEED for Homes, GreenPoint Rated, Passive Haus, WELL and Fitwel.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated capabilities to meet client expectations, manage sustainability projects, coordinate with internal resources and external partners, and participate in the ongoing refinement and expansion of a sustainability and green building consulting practice.
Key job requirements include managing LEED , green building, and sustainability services, maintaining and expanding existing client relationships and contributing to sustainability thought leadership in the region.
Successful performance in this role also requires collaborating with Principals and Project Coordinators, as well as some oversight and mentoring of junior staff. It is also expected that the successful candidate would contribute to Brightworks ongoing innovation and business leadership.
This position requires previous experience on multiple LEED projects including LEED Homes.
1. 3-5 years of relevant experience in LEED NC/CS/CI/EB/HOMES and GreenPoint Rated rating systems.
2. LEED Accredited Professional designation with Homes specialty and GreenPoint Rater accreditation.
3. Bachelor’s degree in an environmental, engineering or sustainability-related field.
4. Proven project management experience in sustainability consulting, architecture, engineering, construction or real estate with demonstrated abilities to manage multiple complex projects with various stakeholders and technical detail.
5. Experience directing and overseeing the work of junior staff, taking responsibility for all aspects of a project to deliver high quality results on schedule and within the budgeted project cost.
6. Experience working with corporate accounts and client relationship management.
7. Business development experience including identifying leads and assistance in scoping and writing proposals.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
9. Adept at working with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
Project Delivery – the successful candidate will:
- Have technical skills and experience relevant to managing multiple LEED or green building performance certification projects simultaneously; be detail-oriented, organized and capable of solving problems and setting priorities involved with managing several accounts/projects at once.
- Be able to lead projects and be a team member working on a project with equal facility.
- Be able to manage all aspects of the cost, schedule and quality of a client engagement.
Business Development – The successful candidate will have responsibilities for scoping and delivery of Brightworks’ sustainability services throughout California, and providing technical support to our other offices in Portland and Los Angeles and to our national accounts.
- Customize Brightworks’ project management processes and technical services to the needs of clients.
- Develop trusting professional relationships with clients including developers, owner, architects, engineers and planners.
- Be easy to do business with – be available, be responsive, and be accountable.
- Assure client expectations are managed to and consistently exceeded.
This position may be based out of either our Oakland or Los Angeles office.
This position reports to a Brightworks Principal.
About Brightworks Sustainability:
Recognized for subject matter expertise, wide-ranging technical resources, and creative problem-solving, Brightworks Sustainability is one of the most trusted sustainability consulting firms in the United States. Founded in 2001, Brightworks helps clients in over 25 industries establish and implement sustainability programs that increase their operational performance and reduce their environmental footprints.
A certified B Corp, Brightworks Sustainability is committed to benefitting society while serving its customers.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We provide generous employee benefits.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance. We offer a 401(k) plan with many sustainable and socially equitable fund options. We subsidize sustainable commuting options and offer an Employee Wellness Benefit. Other benefits include Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and flexible schedules.
Brightworks Sustainability is an equal opportunity employer.