An energetic, technology-loving “product person” who thrives on the ins and outs of product development and launch – everything from early stage research into technology and customer behavior, through idea generation and advocacy, engineering exploration and development, positioning and communications. You’ll help us make great products to delight our customers.
For over 50 years, Bose has developed high-quality audio solutions that delight our customers by differentiating in the marketplace. The Wearable Out Loud Team within the Consumer Electronics Division is focused on incubating a new product line of wearable devices adjacent to our strong and mature Wireless Speakers, Home Theater, and Headphone businesses. As a New Product Manager in the Concept Development group, you will lead the development of new products and experiences, from inception to launch. To do this, you will work closely with researchers, designers, and engineering teams. You will use primary and secondary research to identify relevant market trends and customer needs, and propose how to meet these needs through product definitions, user flows, and software-driven experiences. You’ll help us make great products and delightful experiences for millions of customers.
The New Product Manager is a high-energy person that uses superb communications skills to work equally well with marketing/sales staff, engineers, designers, and executives. Key to your success is your ability to marry creativity (seeing new questions, and imagining new answers) with analytic skills (digging deeply to create clarity from ambiguity). Your abundant self-motivation, creativity, intellectual curiosity, capacity to juggle conflicting priorities, and ability to drive clear decisions in the midst of uncertainty will be your best allies.
New Product Management Responsibilities:
- Articulate and champion product opportunities for wearable devices
- Ideate new products and support product roadmaps
- Engage with our consumer and market insights group to gain a deep understanding of consumer behavior and needs.
- Assess emerging external technologies and competitors to determine potential impact on Bose
- Work with Product Development to build new products
- Work with worldwide marketing and sales teams to launch new products into the market
Education and Experience:
- "Information junkie" that thrives on being the first to know about new technology
- Background in consumer electronics or software product management strongly preferred
- Highly polished writing ability, very strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders,
- Occasional travel (10% of time – mainly domestic, some international)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years experience in Technical (Software or Hardware) Product Management
- Startup experience is a plus
- Degree in a technical discipline – Engineering or Science is a plus
- Advanced degree (MS / MBA) is a plus
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company's pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.