Full Job Description
Producer Licensing Operations Director-ADM0002HM
Supervisory Position: Yes
The Producer Licensing Operations Director will report to the Senior Vice President, Operations, and lead the Producer Licensing and Agency Maintenance Teams. These teams are responsible for managing the resources, platforms and processes supporting appointments and regulatory compliance for agents and brokers who sell CNA’s property and casualty insurance products.
The leader will have strong technical acumen and demonstrated professional maturity. They will provide strategic and operational leadership for these teams and play an active and thoughtful role in driving a change management agenda, including transition to new insurance management systems in partnership with an external vendor and the enterprise Technology team. Optimizing the business relationship and service standards with the new vendor are critical success factors. Also key to success is effective collaboration with internal stakeholders involved in compliance, legal and distribution activities related to Agency Management, and active participation in governing these activities and stakeholders.
This individual will drive business process and customer service excellence within the Producer Licensing and Agency Management Teams, establish effective communication practices, and confirm regulatory requirements are met. They will ensure key metrics are in place to measure, monitor and improve team processes, performance and service levels.
Key areas of responsibility include: leading producer licensing operations as it applies to: agency onboarding and contracting (licensing and appointments, compliance issues, contracts and other records); re-contracting and ACA changes; compliance (state regulatory changes and updates); and agency/agent data management and maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Leads and directs the work activities and has full management accountability for the performance and development of subordinate staff in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
2. Establishes and maintains strong collaborative relationships with internal and external customers. Assists subordinate supervisors in resolving high visibility problem cases or issues, acting with a sense of urgency and taking accountability for resolution.
3. Champions process improvements that cut across organizational lines. Plans and delivers improvement projects managing scope, timeline, resources and business outcomes.
4. Develops new tools and reports to aid in data collection, analysis and strategic planning to achieve superior results. Coaches others in the use of metrics-based decision making.
5. Develops financial plans and budgets and establishes strategic and performance goals. Actively manages staffing levels, headcount and productivity to optimize service delivery.
6. Responsible for staying up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise as well as the insurance industry. Anticipates industry changes and offers innovative solutions.
7. Sets appropriate stretch goals that drive industry leading service. Ensures strategic plan implementation is consistent with department/corporate goals, policies, quality assurance and growth objectives. Ensures customer satisfaction, quality and financial results are met.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of the insurance industry and in depth knowledge of the organization's products, policies and procedures, stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends.
2. Proven ability to effectively lead and motivate others in accomplishing established goals, builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
3. Strong strategic orientation and business planning skills with the ability to develop clear business plans aligned with business strategy.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
6. Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
7. Ability to drive strategy and implement innovative solution to outperform the competition and drive top and bottom line growth.
8. Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures that improve the customer experience and result in profitable growth.
9. Uses Metrics and information analysis and accesses technology resources as needed.
10. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
11. Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
12. Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
13. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
14. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
2. Typically a minimum of 10 years experience in a related function or field of expertise, including 5 plus years management experience.
Primary LocationUnited States-Illinois-Chicago
Other LocationsUnited States-Florida-Lake Mary
Job Posting Jul 1, 2020
Unposting Date Jul 7, 2020