YOU MUST FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FOUND HERE: https://form.typeform.com/to/jfB6ZWDb
- An experienced celebrity and entertainment writer, and pop culture nut. You eat, sleep, and breathe celebrity gossip.
- 1-5 years writing experience in the celebrity or entertainment journalism field a must.
- Happy covering everything from Hollywood heavyweights and music A-Listers to trending reality stars, celebrity wives or girlfriends, feuds, rappers, and those headline-making Instagram updates.
- Some weekend availability is a MUST.
- Wordpress experience preferred.
- Have a keen eye for great social media images.
- Must be familiar with cropping images.
- Make words make you come alive. We aren't looking for someone who can 'kind of write.' We're looking for dazzling writers with stellar skills, perfect proofing practice, and the professional ability to turn a celebrity story into a major trending article. Note, we do not hire writers with zero experience.
About The Blast:
Launched in September 2017 by renowned celebrity reporter Mike Walters (was a co-founder of TMZ.com, producer of the Emmy-nominated TMZ syndicated TV show and an executive producer of the TMZ Live syndicated series), The Blast provides 24/7, up-to-the-minute news about the world’s biggest celebrities, all optimized for mobile consumption and social media engagement.
The site is comprised of a staff that has been instrumental in breaking the biggest stories about some of the most talked about celebrities in the world.
- Crafting relevant, up-to-date articles (500-800 words each) on celebrity news and entertainment topics.
- Creating fresh content, putting your own unique spin on articles, zero-tolerance policy on plagiarism.
- Reliably sourcing and linking, fluent research skills, solid overall knowledge of the topic you're covering.
- Adhering to an AP style guide.
- Accepting and applying feedback when given.
*Pay is $15 per published article + a revenue share.
Please complete the application form which can be found here: https://form.typeform.com/to/jfB6ZWDb
Applicants who do not complete the external form will not be considered.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Remote