Title- BOBJ Developer (Business Objects+ Tableau) Software Engineer Senior
Location – Oakland, CA
Duration : Long Term
- Develops SQL Business Intelligence (BI) reports, models, and applications as illustrated by the following:
- Designs, builds, and populates data objects such as SSAS cubes, relational dimensional databases, and SSAS data mining models.
- Designs and builds BI user interfaces such as dashboards and reports using SAP business objects , Lumira, Tableau & other BI Tools.
- Designs and builds data models to support self-service BI.
- Knowledge of data models , data marts & datawarehouses.
- Supports Data Warehouse enhancements and operations including table, view, stored procedure, and other changes.
- Performs query tuning and optimization.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes that extract, transform,
- and load data into the Data Warehouse and BI data objects.
- Meets with Lines of Business and Business Systems Analysts to define reporting requirements
- and goals and to identify the data needed for meeting business requirements.
- Maintains data dictionary and related meta-data stores.
- Follows change and version control in moving code from development to test/QA and to production environments.
- Participates in the development of BI applications and solutions.
- Develops routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and applications.
- Assists Lines of Business with the development and deployment of reports and usage of self-service BI tools.
- Supports the automated report generation, distribution, and archiving processes.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reporting and ETL procedures and develops strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Follows appropriate incident, problem, change management, and project processes.
- Achieves goals assigned to the Developer as part of the department's annual operating plan and budget.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness.
- Complies with established operating policies and procedures in order to maintain adequate controls and to support the bank's adherence to outside regulatory requirements.
- Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
- Identify risks and develop stable solutions.
- Collaborate with internal & business teams to understand requirements.
- On-call rotation duties to maintain platform and provide support.
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering.
Job Type: Contract
- Temporarily due to COVID-19