An Elemental Approach to Better Batteries
Founded to enable the “electrification of everything.”
The Future is Silicon - Group14 Technologies has applied deep materials research experience to develop a new low-cost approach to nano-scale silicon production.
Moses Lake, WA (approx. 180 miles east from Seattle, WA)
At this time, we are NOT able to accommodate applicants in need of work sponsorship.
The Research Associate will be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment in the R&D laboratory developing lithium-silicon battery materials. This position will play a support role in laboratory activities related to materials development and characterization. The Research Associate will contribute to best practices in the R&D laboratory. Must be comfortable within a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
● Maintaining and/or operating laboratory equipment
● Synthesis of developmental materials
● Characterization of energy storage materials and precursors
● Operating/working with delicate instruments
● Properly recording, organizing and collating data for analysis
● Support design and development of new material applications
● Adept at communicating findings, issues and lab observations with senior staff
What we’re looking for:
● Experience with, knowledge of, material processing technologies such as high-temperature furnace operations
● Background and laboratory experience in any of the following: chemistry, biology, engineering, materials science or physics
● Previous job experience in the scientific field
● Knowledge of powder characterization techniques
● 2 years of relevant experience
● Associates degree or BA/BS from accredited institution
● Proficient in Microsoft Office
● Ability to follow standard operating procedures
● Demonstrated ability to perform hands-on work
● Detail oriented
● Hands on vocational training
● Experience with recording information in laboratory notebooks and databases
● Desire to work in start-up, dynamic environment
Other qualities we’d love for you to have:
● Startup experience
● Background in the lithium-ion, energy storage field
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.