The E-commerce Product and Marketing Manager (EPM+M) will be a key driver of the company’s online strategies for success, owning roadmap, on-site optimizations, on-site storytelling, technology integrations and running a website that delights at every interaction. You’ll live at the intersection of technology, customer/user experience. business goals and brand. The EPM+M holds a leadership position within our small and nimble marketing team and reports directly to the Head of Marketing at our Irvine, California office.
You have the opportunity to continue to develop Project Juice’s online brand presence through awesome on-site storytelling and a great user experience and to help catapult the growth of our newest innovation, Sub-Zero-Superfoods™. You’ll spearhead our efforts to grow our brand’s digital presence, customer loyalty, and resultedly online revenue.
SITE MANAGEMENT + OPTIMIZATION
- Maintain a best in class website that offers a seamless and secure user experience.
- Define the product roadmap in collaboration with the Head of Marketing. Scope and prioritize activities based upon business and customer impact. Solve problems as they pop up and closely manage scope of development initiatives so features can be released on-time.
- Project manage end to end website development and improvement projects, from vision and goal setting, to requirement documentation, to management of dev partners, to QA and launch.
- Work with external partners to enhance website tagging and ensure the right ecommerce and website metrics are captured and reported on; develop reports for insights and interpret funnel analysis to identify on-site improvements and drive improved CR, AOV and LTV.
- Be a process advocate for eCommerce department; implement process changes designed to enable the scaling of the business.
- Manage the user experience of the website – both desktop and mobile – including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
- Closely monitor analytics and perform quantitative analysis, including A/B testing, to help guide product decisions, improve conversions, and present recommendations to improve performance.
- Conduct user studies and market research to advocate for new functionality or improvements that will lead to achieving business goals and solutions that optimize the site experience across all platforms.
- Oversee and drive the redesign and re-platforming of the company website as needed, with a hands on approach to design, story, ux, dev and deployment.
- Build and direct a team of external developers, freelancers and agencies to effectively develop and deliver eCommerce solutions that meet business needs.
- Oversee all aspects of web analytics related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information and results to team members, cross-functional partners and leadership.
- As the guardian of Project Juice’s online store, you’ll contribute to selection of all third-party integrations, providing research, recommendations, and overseeing implementations to ensure a seamless integration to eCommerce platform.
- Participates in selection of digital marketing vendors, including email, display, ratings & reviews, SEO, SEM, shopping networks, etc
- Own on-site marketing, including (but not limited to) amplification of promotions, marketing campaigns, new product launches and lead capture forms. Collaborate with Marketing Team on creation and management of eCommerce marketing calendar, and strategy behind online promos and campaigns.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager to create and develop LPs to support online marketing initiatives.
- Responsible for monthly eCommerce reporting and analysis to identify trends and uncover insights on innovation, merchandising and pricing opportunities. Collaborate with Marketing team to act upon these making informed recommendations on positioning opportunities.
- Work with internal marketing team and external partners to bring the brand story to life on-site.
- Develop and continuously optimize Project Juice’s loyalty program strategy, using available data insights (ie: typical customer order frequency and AOV). Collaborate on external amplification efforts.
- Develop and continuously optimize compelling referral program that aligns with business goals and own the on-site experience of the program. Collaborate on external amplification efforts.
- As a thought leader on a small marketing team, collaborate and contribute to strategy development and execution across all digital marketing efforts.
- Own on-site SEO optimization, managing outside teams as needed, to attract more organic and qualified search volume and ultimately acquire new customers.
- Develop offsite SEO strategy and work with internal and external Marketing Teams to align offsite SEO tactics with overall goals.
The ideal candidate is an experienced ecommerce leader who is eager to make an immediate impact on business results and help deliver an enriched customer experience.
- 4 + Years E-commerce Marketing Experience, including 2 years of Product Management
- Experience with Google Analytics, VMO, Hotjar, Crazyegg, Usertesting or similar tools
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong experience with SEO + SEO best practices
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technologies,, market research and analysis; customer experience/usability techniques; best business practices and sophisticated analytics.
- Solid technical background mandatory and prior experience with web development and web technology disciplines preferred
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, are data-driven, and have experience with A/B and multivariate testing.
- Able to proactively uncover and communicate problems and opportunities, prioritize findings based on recommendations believed to deliver the best return, tenaciously chase solutions and share results.
- Keen attention to detail in planning and execution, while seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another
- Be a ruthless prioritizer, while balancing the needs of stakeholders and customers
- A team player with the ability to work cross-functionally with both internal and external partners, remote and on-site.
- A self-starter with the capacity to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a dynamic startup environment.
- Demonstrated ability to define and successfully deliver projects with superior ROI - from business case development through deployment
BONUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Startup experience
- CPG, Direct-to-consumer, B2C ecommerce experience
- Platform experience with BigCommerce and Wordpress
- Advanced Excel skills
- PMP - Project Management certification
- Passion for health and wellness!
Job Type: Full-time