The Buffet Chef D' Cuisine is primarily responsible for the day to day operations of the Buffet culinary department ensuring quality, consistency and team member development on all levels. Additionally this position is responsible for meeting all company and State Health Department rules and regulations.**
- Must have extensive culinary knowledge
- Responsible for all culinary quality aspects of the department
- Responsible for preliminary department menu development
- Responsible for developing menu recipe cards and food production specifications to ensure quality, consistency and portion control measures.
- Responsible for developing a food program that meets designated food cost goals.
- Responsible for scheduling culinary staff members and meeting designated payroll costs.
- Responsible for all kitchen organization for fast and efficient functionality and service.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating a program that meets all Iowa Department of Health, Internal controls and government rules and regulations.
- Responsible for tracking systematically, all critical areas of food production and ware-washing including food temperatures and sanitation levels.
- Responsible for the hiring and development of all levels of the culinary team
- Responsible for periodic team member evaluations and further development strategies
- Responsible for all food service inventories including rotation, par levels, periodic physical inventories and discontinued inventory items.
- Responsible for coordinating new food inventory items with the Food and Beverage Director and Purchasing manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent management and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate organization skills and ability to multi-task.
Schedule: Varies to include Nights,Weekends, and Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
Weekly day range:
- Casual dining restaurant
Work Location: One location