The Field Construction Manager is responsible for planning, directing and managing a construction project’s daily field operations. This person is an aggressive, take-charge leader who has a strong customer focus, a sense of urgency, skilled at building a cohesive construction team, a concern and respect for safety and the desire to achieve quality in the final product.
- Overall accountability for client project delivery from pre-construction through commissioning focused on achieving high quality, site safety, and aggressive schedules.
- Facilitate building a collaborative team on each project – ability to work with a diverse group of trade contractors to build and lead a cohesive team that can successfully execute a project by meeting, or ultimately exceeding, schedule, budget and quality.
- Client Interaction – confidence in working and communicating with client field level personnel on a daily basis.
- Ability to meet and drive project schedules by incorporating industry leading techniques such as Lean Construction and Last Planner.
- Willingness to travel outside of the Greater Cincinnati area to successfully execute a client’s project. Travel could be for extended periods of time depending on the location and schedule.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast pace environment
- Team builder and collaborator
- Concern and respect for overall site safety
- Quality and client oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Judgment and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Work and time management
- Adaptable to change
- Aggressive and take-charge attitude
Education & Experience:
- Four-year college degree in Engineering or Construction Management required
- 5 years of field construction management experience
- Preferred experience with managing commercial and light industrial projects.
- Working knowledge/comfort level with technology solutions such as Microsoft Office, BIM, paperless environment, etc.
- Knowledge of the entire building process and construction principles
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package includes: Medical, Life, 401K plan
Job Type: Full-time