Team up with The Tutorverse and help make a positive difference every day you come to work. We’re all about creating and delivering educational services and products that students need to succeed. We’ve got a lot planned, and are looking for a self-starter to help us make it all happen!
Get in on the ground floor, flex your entrepreneurial muscle, take the helm of our class-based programming, and enjoy Fortune 500-level benefits!
The Associate Director - Program Operations & Development will be responsible for leading all class-based educational programs. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing related staff, as well as all other day-to-day class-based operations. In addition, the Associate Director will work closely with leadership to drive growth and the implementation of strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate is hungry to learn and to grow with the company, is comfortable in cross-functional roles, and is eager to take on many different types of responsibilities.
Some of the Associate Director - Program Operations & Development’s primary responsibilities are listed below:
- Understand and oversee the implementation of various curricula, ensuring that classes meet all educational, performance, and organizational goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and rapport with parents, students, staff, and partners, maintaining a focus on client service.
- Assist with the development, implementation, management, documentation, and improvement of key business processes, including data aggregation, analysis, reporting, and action.
- Hire, manage, and evaluate seasonal test prep teachers, assistants, and full-time administrative staff.
- Develop new opportunities by identifying needs, collaborating with team, and working towards a solution.
Interested? Awesome! We’re looking for someone who possesses:
- at least a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, preferably in education and/or business administration;
- 3+ years’ experience in a comparable role, administering educational programming;
- 3+ years’ experience managing people and processes;
- inexhaustible drive, energy, enthusiasm, and mental agility;
- excellent communication, collaboration, and networking skills and instincts;
- a track record of independently identifying and solving problems, with good outcomes;
- a strong command of English grammar, as well as math through at least Algebra I.
Bonus points for someone who has had previous experience:
- teaching in a classroom setting;
- selling and pitching educational services or products;
- navigating the public and private education marketplace in New York City;
- working with MS Word and Excel;
- working with Gradecam, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Google Drive, Google Forms, or similar technologies.
Compensation & Benefits
We take work seriously, but know that there’s more to life than work. That’s why we take a holistic approach to compensation and benefits.
- The base salary for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications (starting at $55,000). You should share in the success you deliver, which is why this position is also eligible for performance-based bonuses (profit-sharing on new classes), which are aligned to key performance metrics.
- Your health is priceless, which is why we are proud to offer Fortune 500-level medical, dental, and vision benefits. Choose insurance plans from among Aetna, Metlife, and many other healthcare leaders. Need coverage for a child or domestic partner? Want an FSA or HSA? We’ve got you covered (get it?).
- We want you to be your best self. That’s why we invest in ongoing professional development and training. That’s why we give you 3+ weeks of paid time off to travel, read, or do whatever it takes for you to find yourself. That’s why we will work with you to find work-life balance and flexibility.
- You’ll have access to other benefits, too, like pre-tax commuter savings plans and mental health counseling services. And did we mention cold brew on tap?
About The Tutorverse
The Tutorverse helps students reach for the stars by providing them with innovative and individualized educational support. We're not your regular tutoring company - we care deeply about all of our students, and strive to provide them with the attention they deserve. Whether students work with one of our private tutors or participate in one of our classes, we provide them with world-class learning services and products that they can't or don't get in school. Our passion for learning extends beyond our instructors into our best-selling line of workbooks, which fill badly needed gaps in the learning market.
Check out what’s important to us at www.thetutorverse.com/corevalues.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 /year
- education: 2 years
- management: 2 years
Required work authorization: