This position is a Personal Computer Support Technician with Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Information Technology (MFC IT) supporting a DoD contract. Work location is Lexington, Kentucky.
This role is on the IT Help Desk providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for Windows PCs, networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
Duties include answering telephone calls from end-users; creating, assigning, and resolving incident tickets; providing remote user assistance; installing and removing software; visiting end-user work areas to deliver, install, fix, and remove hardware; monitoring systems for outage alerts; coordinating incident resolution with end-users and other IT groups; and other duties as assigned for IT Help Desk operations.
- Current DoD 8570 baseline IAT Level II certification, such as CompTIA Security+ ce.
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems and desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of computer hardware, networking, Windows Active Directory, printers, and computer peripherals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to adjust daily schedule with other team members to ensure IT Help Desk staffing between 6:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification with Windows 7 or Windows 10 exam completion.
- ITIL certification or related experience.
- Experience with ITSM tools, such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Experience creating and modifying Active Directory user and computer objects.
- Experience with Dameware remote desktop.
- Basic understanding of virtualization technology.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.