Full Job Description
If you are a Project Manager- Commercial Construction with experience, please read on!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
We are a a commercial construction firm headquartered in the Chicagoland area. Our team is committed to building relationships with our clients and partners, building careers for our employees, and building a foundation for lasting impact in the communities that we serve. We have been honored as one of the "Best Places to Work in Illinois" by our employees.
For over 45 years, we've strengthened our professional network and honed our craft as builders. We partner with construction, real estate, finance, and legal professionals who share our values of loyalty, honesty, and hard work. These values harvest lasting relationships that enable our company to operate in 26 states across the nation.
With millions of square feet built per year, we specialize in ground-up, renovation, repair, and tenant build-out projects. Our portfolio includes but is not limited to:
" Corporate Office
" Medical/Dental/Veterinary Office
" Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Clinics
" Sports & Recreation Facilities
" Quick Service & Fast-Casual Restaurants
" Financial Institutions
" Manufacturing, Distribution, and Automotive Centers
" Grocery Stores
" Educational and Cultural Institutions
What You Will Be Doing
The Construction Project Manager (PM) is a key player on our construction team, responsible for ensuring the successful completion of construction projects. The PM has the experience to execute projects from start to finish; the ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships resulting in customer satisfaction; and the commitment to create and maintain a safety culture. Project Managers clearly communicate with subcontractors and owners; have a strong understanding of budgets, cost control and accounting; are results oriented with proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to meet deadlines; and are known for being able to provide innovative and sound solutions to complex problems.
PRE-CONSTRUCTION, PROJECT AND SCHEDULE MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for ensuring overall success of projects directly responsible to manage
- Review and develop written project scope and develop project budgets and owner proposals
- Conduct regular reviews of schematic design drawings, design development drawings and construction documents throughout the design process to ensure project design coincides with project schedule and budget
- Participate in planning meetings with design professionals
- Gather information, write and submit all RFI's (Request for Information) to Architect, Engineer or Owner and distribute responses to all bidding subcontractors
- Work with accounting to write Owner contracts based on final construction documents, approved Owner proposal and approved schedule
- Make recommendations to Director and Vice President regarding subcontractor buyout and contract award process
- Develop timelines and critical path schedule, including phasing to facilitate ongoing project activities
- Coordinate subcontracts to be written based on approved scope and agreed to buyout amount
- Review contracts and agreement documents
- Coordinate with Project Engineer (PE) to send out approved contracts with schedule and pertinent project information to all subcontractors to be working on the project
- Coordinate development of a Superintendent Project Package which includes a project information card, copy of project permit including all required inspections, schedule, subcontractor list and all contracts scopes for use by Superintendent in the field
- Coordinate pre-construction planning with design team, owners, subcontractors and ELC Team prior to the commencement of each project
- Coordinate punch list development with Architect, Owner and ELC Team and distribute to all team members including ELC subcontractors
- Facilitate building start-up and commissioning for required items between ELC, subcontractors and Owner
- Act as the lead construction representative on each project working with design team, owners, subcontracts and ELC team
- Interface daily with ELC Superintendent to check on project progress and discuss any questions/issues/concerns in the field
- Oversee weekly on-site construction meetings and document progress by issuing weekly meeting minutes and a revised/updated project schedule via email within 24 hours of site meeting to all subs, architect and ELC Team Members
- Review payment applications and change order requests with accounting and coordinate payment applications to be completed and sent to Owner according to timelines in Owner contract
- Oversee completion and collection of close-out documents, and processing of final payments.
CHANGE ORDER MANAGEMENT
- Evaluate Subcontractor Change Orders (SCOs) and assist accounting in writing SCO's and distribute SCO's to the subcontractor
- Develop Owner Change Orders (OCOs) description and assist PE in writing OCO's, distribute OCO's to Owner and obtain written approval
What You Need for this Position
- BS/BA in Architecture, Construction Management or related field
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing projects ranging from$50K - $10M (+) contracts in commercial, restaurant, retail, healthcare and/or industrial construction environments
- Knowledge of basic building design and construction systems
- Ability to read construction documents and specification manuals
- Ability to compile and analyze data
- Strong organizational and writing/speaking skills
- Knowledge of construction estimating and procurement processes
- Ability to interpret and apply state law, local codes and administrative procedures related to effectively managing a project
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling, cost control and safety procedures
- Willingness to grow into a leader and member of a dedicated team
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working with computers and other types of technology
- Desired Computer Applications Experience: Microsoft Office Applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Procore, Bluebeam and Microsoft Project
- Availability to travel as needed
What's In It for You
Great Base Salary DOE + Bonus
Variability of projects
Outstanding company culture
So, if you are a Project Manager- Commercial Construction with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.