The Windows Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the global in-house computer servers. This included planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing server hardware, software, data and other related items with maintaining a multi plant international configuration of servers in a WAN.
Essential & Secondary Functions:
Responsible to follow all safety procedures and practices.
Ensures and maintains the quality guidelines, procedures, and standards are consistently followed throughout the manufacturing operation.
Responsibility & Customer-Focused:
Manage back office servers, print, email, SQL, data, SharePoint, AD, IIS.
Assist in GPO requirements.
Manage server security and account group management, access rights and permissions.
Manage AD, DNS, WINS, Account and Group Management, and NPS.
Manage all hardware, software upgrades and patches to OS/ hardware, and applications.
Perform server design and capacity planning.
Responsible for HA/DR of global servers
Perform backups and recovery requests.
Monitor server performance/issues.
Server installs, creation, maintenance.
Experience and use of MS Windows 2008 Server; VMware, IBM Storage Management; MS- SharePoint; MS- Exchange; MS- SQL Server
Use of Tivoli (TSM) Backup Software; Double-Take Software; and Paragon Imaging Software.
Practice network design management, documentation and technical specification information.
Required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses:
Degree or equivalent experience:
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Driven
- Customer Driven
- Family Oriented
- Responsible Corporate Citizen
- Team Player
- Positive Attitude
- Detail Oriented
- Effective Communication
- Results Oriented
- Process Improvement
- Cooperation with Others
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems.
Years of experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience administering supporting Windows servers.
Previous experience supporting/administering international facilities.
Must successfully pass any pre-screening test(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
Hand-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Knowledge of applicable data privacy practice and laws.
Attention to detail
Excellent written and oral communication
Demonstrated ability to:
Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Ability to interact with all levels of employees
Work at a highly motivated level with a sense of urgency and dedication to accomplishing tasks
Ability to type on computer keyboard for extended periods of time
Adapt to frequent changes in work environment & prioritization.
Work with general or minimal supervision
Leverage existing and potential training
In-depth problem identification, analysis and resolution
Prioritizing and executing multiple projects
Must be proficient in use of a personal computer, laptops, tablets, smartphone, printer, calculator, copier, and fax machine.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data entry.
Extensive Excel experience and MS Project is a plus
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Manufacturing and/or professional environment.
- Standing, sitting and walking for long periods of time.
- Environment can be hot or cold depending on outside temperatures.
- Requires flexibility to schedule and work hours.
- Climbing Stairs: Ascending or descending stairs to gain access to a building or to move from one floor to another.
- Light Carrying: Physically transporting general office items/materials from one location to another.
- Fingering: Typing for extending periods of time, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
- Sitting: Particularly for sustained periods of time
- Visual Requirement: Able to see and read PC screens; detect color coding, read fine print, and/or normal type size print.
- Bending and Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule.
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
- Ability to complete forms, use existing letters and/or conduct oral communication.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on phone.
Grote Industries will provide reasonable accommodations, if needed, to qualified individuals with disabilities to assist employees in performing the essential functions of their jobs, unless such an accommodation would create an undue hardship on Grote Industries..
Grote Industries is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which staff are treated equitably, and where they can realize their potential whatever their age, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, parental status, religion, belief or non-belief, social or economic class, employment status, or any other criteria that cannot be shown to be properly justifiable. Equality of opportunity and inclusivity is fundamental to the vision and values of Grote Industries. The principles of equality and diversity are at the heart of the Grote culture and are supported by appropriate policies, procedures and good faith practice.