This position is located in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, Transportation from point of hire to Dutch Harbor, AK Family housing will be provide by WSI.
Role and Responsibilities
- To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
- The Utilities Planner/Coordinator is responsible for leading, managing and continuously improving the Consent Decree, Process Safety Management (PSM) & Planning to match Company objectives and maintain compliance with OSHA, EPA, and industry standards. Level and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Specific duties include:
- Manage and Implement all training, tracking and reporting for all programs to include but not limited to: Consent Decree, PSM/RMP, and ERP programs to ensure compliance with EPA, OSHA, State, and local regulations and Company standards
- Work Order Create/Schedule/Closure for Powerhouse and refrigeration Preventative Maintenance program.
- Act as primary resource for the implementation and enforcement of all regulatory programs and processes.
- Develop, maintain and improve the electronic storage and workflow processes for all regulatory related documentation.
- Equipment Data Entry/Setup/Reporting to Consent Decree, PSM and MP2
- Coordinate and/or participate in all regulatory audits. Lead and improve the regulatory programs lifecycle through scheduling, collaborating with in-house and third-party facilitators before, during and after Audits, and establish a system to track and complete all action items. Also, ensure audits are conducted according to best practices and industry standards
- Lead and/or support root cause analyses (RCA) studies and incident investigations for WSI
- Assist in identifying training/competency needs and develop training curriculum for the Consent Decree, PSM, MI, etc.. Serves as a training lead for identified areas of improvement
- Support Consent Decree and PSM matrix generation and seek to identify problems and opportunities for improving performance.
- Assist in developing and reviewing SOP for both Powerhouse and Refrigeration.
- Coordinate the WSI Preventative Maintenance (PM) program utilizing the MP2 system to schedule and record equipment maintenance, track spare equipment and parts availability, operating conditions trend analysis and regulatory compliance
- Coordinate and track spare parts inventory
- This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by Plant Engineer.
- Proficiency in Process design, analysis, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Demonstrated commitment to employee health and safety
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience dealing with interpretation, writing, and application of procedures for PSM-covered processes in an administrative and technical role.
- 3+ years of experience in food processing /Power plant/petrochemical/refinery environment with Process Safety Management responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, and database-type specialty software
- Ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems and software programs such as MP2, Maximo, SAP, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance/operations of facilities or utilities with applicable skilled trade requirements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing maintenance repair activities in a process and building services environment in the Food industry.
- Experience with planning and scheduling of maintenance activities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Able to handle exposure to noise, extreme weather conditions, and areas where hazardous chemicals are present
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, kneel, stoop, sit, walk extensively
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, and to be able to meet all physical requirements of the job
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Westward Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all position without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time