Want to join a plant-based startup, and make a difference every day for health, animals, and the planet?
We're looking for a fellow vegan to join our mission-driven team in Tempe: LeafSide is a late-stage startup, offering innovative, 100% whole-food plant-based (WFPB) meal packs. Our mission is to make healthy, optimal-nutrition eating so simple and easy, that it becomes the societal norm.
We’re looking for a motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join us in our Tempe, AZ office.
As our team’s Administrative & Research Assistant, you’ll be responsible for helping senior staff maximize their effectiveness by providing research, clerical, HR/legal, and miscellaneous administrative support.
Desired Candidate Attributes & Experience
1. Communication Skills: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong listening and organizational skills with proven attention to detail. Ideally you can quickly understand the high-level goals of any work, plan it out, get great results, and then present your findings concisely and convincingly to the team.
2. Project Management Skills: You’re an independent worker with demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changes, and handle multiple competing demands. As mentioned, once you understand the goals you should manage yourself on multiple tasks and projects, and deliver high quality results in a timely manner, in a fast-paced and changing environment.
3. Research Skills: You know how to start with a question or goal, and quickly dive into a topic to get relevant and convincing results. You’re highly proficient with using search engines, papers, books, etc. for research, and able to solve many or most technology questions and issues independently. You’re also able to find and reach out to credible experts to get key information.
4. Information Organization and Presentation Skills: You’re able to effectively organize large amounts of data and information from research tasks into clearly understandable formats, such as spreadsheets & documents.
5. Strong Interpersonal Skills, i.e. adjectives that apply to you include personable, professional, cooperative, diplomatic, energetic, flexible, and trustworthy.
6. You’re passionate about LeafSide’s mission, and committed to being a stellar example to others by living the vegan/WFPB lifestyle.
7. Bonus: You have working WFPB/vegan nutrition knowledge. Ideally you’ve read science-heavy nutrition books like “How Not To Die” and “Becoming Vegan” on your own, and you can readily communicate about the major ideas there. Additional nutrition/culinary education is very helpful.
1. Researching, Analysis, Writing, & Presentation
- Starting with a goal or question, get the best answers and results independently, and present your findings to the team convincingly.
- Creating and maintaining information and data sets with spreadsheets.
- Performing basic analysis and summary calculations on data sets through use of formulas.
- Entering in, reviewing, and updating online articles, content, and FAQs in our CMS (content management system).
2. Customer Success
- Support our CS team as needed, with expertise and courtesy.
- Answer inquiries and requests from new and returning customers as needed.
3. HR, Legal, & Accounting Support
- High level triage of support needs and requests across these areas, helping to execute or assist as needed.
- Contact customer support for our HR software, to help troubleshoot, resolve, document, and execute changes.
- Contact accounting, tax, or legal advisers to help find and document answers to company questions.
- Prepare, update, and maintain company legal & HR documents.
4. Office Management
- Manage office recycling & compost program
- Track inventory of front-office supplies & coordinate with purchasing, to order as needed
- Help with with miscellaneous office tasks as needed, e.g. scheduling contractors.
5. Other responsibilities
- Depends on your background, motivation, and commitment to growth. : -)
Benefits & Compensation
The job is full-time, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. We offer a starting pay of $15-17. Further pay increases and responsibilities are offered based on performance, your skills development, and your initiative and drive.
As a startup we are evolving rapidly all the time, so we highly value character, ability, and ongoing commitment to personal and career growth. As our long-term employees know, we prefer to "promote from within" and raise careers to new levels.
Other benefits include health & vision insurance, a delicious complementary LeafSide meal every shift, a team discount on LeafSide products, and team events: fun times where we discuss our favorite sci-fi shows, vegan memes, and other inspirations over great food. Plus you'll be working with a dedicated team of high-energy, like-minded, mission-focused people, who know they're making a real difference every day. If that sounds like you and how you want to work, get in touch!
Pssst...If you've read this far and want to stand out from the majority of candidates: Be sure to tell us very clearly whether you're vegan and where you are in your vegan journey, why you want to work with us, AND be sure to complete the assessments, so that your application is not left incomplete. : -)
Also, we use Indeed messaging for all initial communications. To be sure to receive important messages about interviews and on-site visits, turn on SMS alerts for Indeed, and/or for this particular job. Due to many applications, if we message you and don't hear back, we'll assume you're no longer interested, which could be unfortunate if Indeed messages are just sitting in your junk email folder . Thanks!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tempe, AZ 85283 (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- What are your top strengths and work experiences, that make you a great fit for this job?
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible