For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
The incumbent is responsible for providing live network performance test results and development support. Including Pre-Launch testing of HW/SW, Post-Launch regression testing of HW/SW, and troubleshooting of device and network field issues with respect to the following technologies: Digital(CDMA/PCS)/1x, EVDO Rev A, LTE, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and HSxPA/UMTS.
- Testing MNO’s specified field interoperability test plans (FIT)
- Testing/troubleshooting hardware, software, embedded software used in wireless voice and data networking .
- Performing sanity testing, stability testing, functionality testing, stress testing and feature testing on various devices.
- Performs lab tests and evaluates new wireless products and accessories, including verification of product features by simulating of a variety of customer applications.
- Prepare test results data and writes required engineering reports to ensure products compliance with MNO’s requirements and test plans.
- Works effectively with team members, provide support to R&D, QA and MEL members as they needed.
- Leads a team of junior engineers, providing leadership, training and management daily test assignments.
- Reporting of results and issues to upper management
- Works directly with NMO’s to resolve post launch issues.
Role and Responsibilities
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
Requires between 5+ years technical or telecommunications engineering related experience.
Prior experience with CDMA, EVDO, LTE, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and HSxPA/UMTS is a MUST.
Prior experience with Qualcomm tools such as QXDM, QCAT, and QPST is a MUST.
Prior experience with post processing tools such as WindCatcher, Actix, or XCAP-M is a MUST.
Prior cell phone testing experience is a MUST.
Previous experience with operating systems, such as:
Windows, MAC, Linux
Previous experience with Spirent/Metrico tools such as NOMAD, MUSE, and Datum is is a MUST.
Previous experience running FIT test plans for Verizon, US Cellular, or other US NMO’s is a MUST.
A skilled or highly-skilled specialist that completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways
May contribute to the development of concepts and techniques as well as complete complex tasks in creative and effective ways
Works on assignments, including complex assignments, requiring considerable judgement and initiative
May determine methods and procedures on new assignments
May mentor or coach team members
Typically requires a minimum 5 years of experience since TB1
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills and Qualifications