Position Title: Receptionist/Scheduler
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Under the supervision of the Support Services Manager, serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunication systems. Appropriately schedules and coordinated patient appointments. 1. Complete patient check-in/arrival and check-out procedures in the appropriate hospital system and scheduling system. Identify all vital statistics on the patient are correct (spelling of name, demographics, etc.) and all billing information is correct and complete.
2. Schedule, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments as needed by the supervisor, patient, referring physician or hospital staff. Utilize the correct allotted exam time, resource, exam orders, contrast orders, complete history, patient safety information, insurance authorization/billing information, prior studies and all other required information.
3. Follow opening and closing procedures according to office guidelines
4. Greets patients/parents in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions.
5. Utilize AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You) customer service model with patients, physicians and hospital staff.
6. Collect cash or credit card payments, as required by office procedures.
7. Review all patient forms for accuracy and completion according to office procedures prior to accepting.
8. Filing and/or Scan necessary billing and HIPAA paperwork at the end of shift.
9. Utilizes correct, proper and efficient use of the phone and paging system to ensure accurate and timely handling of the MRI Center's communication.
10. Provides legal copy service companies and attorneys with the MRI reports and/or film copies they have requested via subpoena. Collects fees for these services.
11. Requests radiographic films and prior MRI studies from outside facilities for radiologists' comparison prior to scheduled MRI at SHARP and CHILDREN'S MRI Center, LLC.
12. Instructs patients regarding proper preparation for any procedure (anesthesia instructions, arrival time, and directions to the MRI Center).
13. Correctly utilizes computer system to obtain and assign medical records numbers, look up prior studies, and order exams.
14. Correctly utilize scheduling software to manage daily schedule and to maintain patient's medical record. Monitoring daily schedules, filling vacancies in schedule to maintain efficient daily workflow. Scan and log patient orders, authorizations, implants and record requests in patient's medical record
15. Knows and understands all safety procedures in relation to fire codes, code blue, lifting technique, magnet safety, and supplies/material within the MRI Center relative to patient and staff safety.
16. Conducts self in highest moral and ethical standards at all times.
17. Reviews all work for accuracy and completion according to office procedures.
18. Provide lunches & breaks and call-outs relief for other ancillary departments.
19. Attends staff meetings as required.
20. Assists in training of new employees as needed. Training shall provide new employees with the ability to be cross-trained in order to perform more than one function.
21. Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
22. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
23. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
24. Drives company car when needed.
25. Performs other related duties as requested.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
1. Possible exposure to strong static magnet field (1.5 or 3.0 Tesla); acknowledgement of this environment is a condition of employment.
2. Ability to perform 80% sedentary work.
3. Work environment may be stressful; acknowledgement of this fact is a condition of employment.
4. Ability to assist with possible moderate to heavy lifting during patient transfer.
5. Ability to accurately use keys on a computer terminal keyboard.
6. Must be able to remain calm and courteous during telephone or face-to face contact with clients.
7. Ability to walk to other departments and hospital(s) areas.
8. Ability to bend, stoop, and reach to file reports, retrieve films and supplies.
9. Must be able to read, write, and record information in detail.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Medical terminology preferred.
3. Computer literacy
4. Outstanding organizational skills
5. Clerical ability.
6. Multi-tasking ability.
7. Typing minimum of 40 wpm.
8. Good telephone and public manners.
9. Ability to receive and copy information accurately.
10. Valid driver's license
11. Completion of all background checks, drug screenings and vaccinations required by Rady Children's, Sharp HealthCare, and Sharp and Children's MRI Center, LLC.
This description is intended to provide only basic guideline for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.