Illustrators will work with the Game Designers and Directors to conceive, create, and deliver a compelling look and style for Slot, Meta Game, and other projects, and to document all original graphical aspects of a game, and deliver the finished assets to the Programming Department in a complete, organized, and well-documented fashion. They should have the talent and ability to deliver exceptional quality using multiple looks, styles, palettes, etc.
Illustrators are expected to be expert users of multiple Adobe products and/or 3D software. Staff Artists are expected to have superior talents in several artistic categories, including: illustration, animation, special effects, 3D modeling & rendering, color theory, character design
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with, and follow direction from Directors and Game Designers to produce high-quality art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability
- Create art assets in an iterative process and document all art assets with minimal iterations.
- Demonstrate ability to follow dictated file structure and organization for delivery of art assets
- Demonstrate ability to provide all necessary assets and documentation within expected deadlines
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from the Director, Game Designer, and other team members
- Be prepared to learn new software and adapt to new development processes when necessary
- Share creative, technical, and development techniques with other team members within the studio
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Exceptional talents in multiple artistic categories, including: Illustration and/or 3D modeling & rendering, Color Theory
- High level of proficiency in two or more of the following: Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator, Maya, Studio Max
- Experience in MS Office
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and accept constructive criticism
- Ability to offer valid constructive criticism to co-workers
- Ability to learn, expand talents and skill sets
- Ability to explore new styles and self-assess abilities.
- All applicants MUST provide a Portfolio of professional and/or personal work in Web or Digital format to be considered for interview. Portfolios should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s artistic talents and software proficiency.
Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
May require weekend and evening hours.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.