Join Tarkett, a global leader in innovation flooring solutions and sports surfaces. We believe our entrepreneurial culture is what differentiates us from the competition. So if you’ve got what it takes, we invite you to CHANGE THE GAME WITH US!
Tarkett is seeking an Operations Accountant to join our successful and growing team in Middlefield, Ohio. In this position you will have the opportunity to assist the Plant Controller in the daily operations of the accounting department. The Operations Accountant will interface with accounting, manufacturing, and management personnel to provide accurate timely reporting and analysis of financial and operational information. Additionally, the person in this role will be versed in process improvement initiatives through the use of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology. This position reports to Plant Controller.
Join a highly engaged group of passionate business professionals with long tenure in an organization that has a flat organizational structure and little hierarchy. Our organization strongly values team work. All of our employees have a voice and can truly impact the company. If you consider yourself to be a change agent and want to see an impact from your efforts, you can do that here. The company has recently acquired a number of strong brands, with even more exciting things to come.
- Responsible for asset management on the plant: Preparation of the Investments Authorization Forms, investments/assets follow-up, 3 month forecast CAPEX indicators, assets inventory (25%)
- Participate in internal audit projects (TRACE) and assist the controller as needed (25%)
- Responsible for personnel costs in the P&L and stock in the Balance sheet (25%)
- Assist in month-end close tasks including posting journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing various financial/operational reports (15%)
- Other projects assigned by Controller (10%)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of Accounting or related experience – manufacturing environment preferred
- 4 year college degree, B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or Finance or completion within 6 months- required
- Strong customer orientation
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel)
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to troubleshoot issues using root cause analysis
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proactive approach in learning the business
- Ability to interact with employees of all skill levels including shop floor, maintenance, & corporate level
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to grow professionally
: North America-US-OH-Middlefield