Creative Health Solutions is looking for a dedicated Full Time Physical Therapist for a 100 bed SNF built in 2012. We have a spacious new therapy gym with Alter G zero gravity treadmill, Biodex Balance Trainer, and Keiser weight equipment. Our therapy gym also has a full functional kitchen and training bathroom. There is a private outpatient entrance to our therapy gym. All private patient rooms with their own showers. We have an experienced, friendly staff with longevity at CHS.
*Industry Low Productivity Standard
*Patient Centered Care
Please apply directly to our website: www.chstherapy.com
Job Function Summary
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients through the use of therapeutic procedures designed to address deficits in physical function and improve independence, safety and quality of life. The Physical Therapist ensures quality, efficient physical therapy is provided to patients by managing the delivery of care throughout the course of treatment and delegating appropriate components of care to the Physical Therapist Assistant under his/her supervision. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of physical therapy.
Essential Job Functions
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process.
- Completes documentation in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and applicable standards and administrative and clinical requirements.
- Provides supervision to Assistants in accordance with applicable State Practice Act guidelines.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
Additional Job Functions
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk during any procedure.
- Communicates with nursing staff, patient and families to ensure effective care delivery.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following discharge.
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
- Consistently records outcome scoring data accurately.
- Consistently utilizes appropriate treatment interventions for each patient served that are individualized and ensure appropriate level of challenge, sophistication and complexity to facilitate maximal patient progress and outcomes.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences regarding patient progress, problems or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical accuracy.
- Act in compliance with CHS policies and procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Rehab Director on clinical performance of assistants as requested and appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy or Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy and five years of direct practice experience.
- Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the state of practice.
- Prefer minimum one (1) year rehabilitation experience serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility.
- Prefer active membership in state and national professional organizations.
- Demonstrates competency in applying the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in Physical Therapy to the patient population served by this facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job duties and computerized documentation.
- Demonstrate ability to assess patient needs and develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care.
- Strong organizational skills in order to effectively maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires creativity as well as the ability to work independently.
Typical therapy clinic environment. Requires ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends and travel.
Physical and Mental Activities, Tool and Equipment:
Ability to walk, bend, drive, stand, sit and reach constantly during an eight (8) hour day/shift. Ability to speak and hear to understand and give directions. Visual and auditory acuity sufficient to assess, and monitor patient/resident needs, maintain accurate records, understand directions and recognize people. Fine and gross motor skills. Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community. Work endurance ability to work eight (8) hour days/shifts. Reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charts and correspondence. Possesses highly developed communication and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- IN Physcial Therapist (Required)