Guided by goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun; the Community Relations Director is accountable for meeting occupancy and revenue goals as a result of the development and implementation of an effective sales and marketing campaign as well as promotion, education and support of a culture of caring in an elder directed, person-centered internal environment (performed in conjunction with the Administrator).
Essential Job Functions
Sales and Marketing
· Overall responsibility for owning the sales and marketing process, leading and working collaboratively with the Administrator and other members of the Leadership team to build relationships with leads, coordinate internal and external events, and to maintain follow up with leads and referral sources
· Make sales calls, schedule educational presentations, and develop relationships outside the community to medical, insurance, legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners, skilled nursing facilities, retirement communities, clergy, and other community contacts; develop and maintain relationships to advise them of availability and new services and programs meeting the needs of the general community
· In partnership with the Administrator, train, support, and coordinate appropriate team members to serve as back up in taking inquiry calls and giving tours using appropriate inquiry tour skills when the Administrator is unavailable (i.e., out of building, evenings, weekends, etc.)
· Responsible for taking inquiry calls from hospitals, families, potential residents, etc., giving tours and securing deposits
· Utilize appropriate inquiry tour skills including knowing apartment availability at all times
· Ensure that responses to inquiries are handled properly, timely and with appropriate follow-up
· Demonstrate sense of urgency regarding occupancy
· Alert appropriate members of the leadership team and the care team of projected move-ins, move-outs and apartment changes by attending daily stand up meetings to discuss forthcoming changes
· Maintain a close working relationship with other team members.
· Maintain a working knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding acuity levels and licensure
· Monitor occupancy trends and conversion ratios
· Prepare reports as required; monitor all active and inactive leads in the data base.
· Share results with the Administrator, leadership team, and care team.
· Work as part of the team to develop appropriate action plans to continually improve satisfaction levels
· Assist the Administrator and the Compass Senior Living team in the development of materials (i.e., brochures, press releases and advertisements) that describe the community’s services
· Develop and implement special events and presentations targeted at community education, and creation of a customer experience to establish and maintain status for the Community as the expert on residential care
· Responsible for supporting all employees to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
· Reinforce creating a person-centered, elder directed culture of caring
· Model the Compass Senior Living Leadership Values of goodness, loyalty, faith, and fun
· Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights
· Responsible for educating, and teaching employees, families, and the general public to promote our excellent programs and our person-directed culture.
· Provide customer service in-service trainings as needed
· Follow & communicate company policies and procedures
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Business/Communications or related field preferred
· Strong marketing background.
· Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
· Experience in a retirement, nursing home, or residential care industry preferred but not required.
· Organized team player with the ability to multi-task in a team environment
· Proven skills to work independently, be self-motivated and goal-directed
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Must be capable of maintaining regular, reliable attendance
· Computer literacy, savvy in social media; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT products
· Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
· Must meet all health requirements, including TB
· Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation
· Must pass criminal background check
· Must have valid driver license
Other Skills and Requirements
· This position is salaried, and may include schedules which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
· Able to work full-time, including some weekends
· Availability by phone or text 24 hours a day, 7 days a week unless pre-arranged absence
· Occasional travel may be required
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related or similar tasks to meet the ongoing needs of the community. All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee. It is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible